No more eating children with the rod??

by paulmolark 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Notice to All JWs:

"Don`t Eat Finklestein!.....We Like Him!"

I may look like i have no teeth but I've got two choppers that can easily break skin

and when I'm in teething mode look out !

• blondie
    blondie
    Israelites did throw their children into the fire in their worship....no mention of eating though, probably too charred.
  • blondie
    blondie

*** w08 10/1 p. 21 How to Be a Good Father ***

Occasionally, punishment may be necessary. A child, though, should understand why he is being punished. Parental discipline should never leave a child feeling rejected. The Bible does not endorse severe beatings, which may even injure a child. (Proverbs 16:32) Kelvin comments, “When I needed to correct my children about serious matters, I always tried to make it clear that my motive for correcting them was my love for them.”

----------------

no SEVERE beatings, that means there can be mild beatings?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Why didn't the JWS take the bible's counsel onto killing children that have brought much dishonor to their parents ?

The WTS contradicts what's written in the bible when they say the bible doesn't endorse severe beatings, when the bible clearly says spare the rod and spoil the child.

Pretty hard to not injure a child by beating them with a rod ?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    After the movie Alive, I had numerous conversations with my children about who I would eat first (if we were ever stranded in the Andes mountains. I guess that option is no longer available to me.
  • Twitch
    Twitch
    Lordy...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit