E-Watchman on Unbelievable podcast

by mindseye 12 Replies latest jw friends

• mindseye
    mindseye

There's this podcast, Unbelievable, that I've been listening to. It's from Britian, and usually has debates between atheists and Christians, or between Christians of varying beliefs. Anyway, the host; Justin Brierly; has been trying to get a JW on his show for a while, but to no avail. In order to meet the demand for an episode on the Witnesses, Brierly got Robert King (the e-watchman) to argue from the JW perspective, along with a former JW.

It makes for an interesting conversation. The link is here: http://www.premierradio.org.uk/shows/saturday/unbelievable.aspx

It can be downloaded on itunes too. A second part should be coming soon.

Thought everyone would like to know...peace.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

Wow! This guy is unbelievable! Jehovah lies on purpose, Jehovah allows these men to mislead on purpose. Yikes!

• mindseye
    mindseye

Yeah, the e-watchman is....unbelievable, lol. Second part is up: http://www.premierradio.org.uk/shows/saturday/unbelievable.aspx

The other guest, Tony, is now an orthodox Christian. They have some interesting discussions about the Trinity, 140,000, etc., and Tony has the edge. Where he really corners e-watchman is on the JW concept of Jesus being the archangel Michael (something that always causes a WTF moment).

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Pathetic seeing someone who publicly exposes how rotten to the core the organisation is still defend it publicly. Shameful hypocrisy and blindess.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

It's the simple pleasures in life. I am getting a kick out of hearing Robert get flustered, voice raising, etc. I love the "Jesus is Michael the Archangel" I can almost see him stomp his foot haha.

Poor Robert, he doesn't get to just laugh it off and call it nonesense, or laugh at commenters and call them idiots, he MUST answer. I have to say I am cracking up.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Robert (Bad Toupee) King..

A Dead Squirrel was all I could Afford!

........................ ...OUTLAW

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

I am still amazed at how little he knows about the history of the WT. I guess that's why he still buys into it. He only knows what he wants to know and the rest he tosses off as "nonsense"

I tried to ask him a few questions a long time ago, and brought up the ban on vaccines. He told me I didn't know what I was talking about. Okaaaaay now I understand why you are so confusing to me (I was new awake and he did confuse the hell out of me), he isn't awake.

• mindseye
    mindseye

blond-moment wrote: It's the simple pleasures in life. I am getting a kick out of hearing Robert get flustered, voice raising, etc. I love the "Jesus is Michael the Archangel" I can almost see him stomp his foot haha.

Yeah, they totally nailed him on the "Jesus is Michael" thing (easy, as there is no biblical basis for that connection). He really gets flustered when the other guest asks him "So in heaven, do angels worship angels?" LOL

yada yada 2 wrote: Pathetic seeing someone who publicly exposes how rotten to the core the organisation is still defend it publicly.

I am still getting up to date on this character known as the e-watchman and his idiosyncratic stance. From what I understand, he still holds to the core Witness doctrines, yet thinks the organization is corrupt? In any case he seems 'captive to the concept', not being able to explore the Bible and other ideas outside of the narrow Witness mindset.

• witnomore
  • witnomore
    witnomore

ugg...IE 9

He's nothing but a Rutherford wannabe. What is worse is that he doesn't have half a brain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit