Have anyone here ever told a elder he is full of poop.

by James Mixon 27 Replies latest jw friends

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Bungi Bill: "Diplomacy" Please notice the mistletoe hanging from the back of my coat

tail and you elders do what worldly people do on New Years Eve".

• flipper
    flipper
    Years ago I told the elders to " get off my doorstep and leave you assholes " when they came to my house from an hour and a half away to tell me I was getting DFed with no evidence against me for not attending their JC meeting against me. I appealed and threatened a lawsuit- and my DFing was overturned. It might be the only time in WT history that a person who called the elders " assholes " had his DFing overturned. Pretty strange- and kind of hilarious actually
  • Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

James Mixon,

Good one!

Bill.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

There may be some here that is still under the control of

the elders, maybe having you shaking in your shoes.

Not all elders are control freaks, power hungry but those elders that

get off on exerting their power (A-holes), tell him you are a A-hole.

You might help in making him more of a refine elder. It doesn't hurt and at

least you won't be DF, right flipper. LOL

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

In the last meeting I had with elders once I had left a hall, but before I had gotten the courage to leave, I got to say something very gratifying.

This was not a JC, but there were 5 elders present from 2 kh.

At the beginning they asked me to hold my comments until after they were done talking. In hindsight.....I wish I would have laughed and made comments when I saw fit. But at the time I was being more calculated in order to avoid blowing my top and getting DF'd.

At the end of what essentially were diatribes about "not debating beliefs, listening to the slave, and respecting lordship" (the elders lordship.......not kidding), they looked at me and said......so?

The following is the best i can recall, but is not hyperbole.

"Well guys......this has really been a hoot. While I am sure this little meeting is to try to convince the new brothers in my hall that your letter of slander holds some validity, it won't work. You haven't' succeeded in labeling me in any way that you saw fit. My reputation in the hall I have been in for 9 years, is still great. The people in the congregation know me, and I know them. You two however are another story. And you have betrayed yourselves with your own words.

Gentlemen (I refused to call them brothers), when Jesus spoke to his disciples in front of the Pharisees he said something I am sure you are familiar with. He pointed at the Pharisees and told his disciples "they Lord it over the flock, but with you let that not be so. For whoever is fist will be last, and last will be first.....".

Are you guys familiar with the greek word translated "Lord it over". actually its not just one word, but there is an interesting definition of it if you look at possible renderings in modern english. It easily could be translated....they "insist on their own authority, but with you let that not be so".

Are you two aware that you just went on a rant for about 15 minutes about Lordship and authority? Someone might even say your protest borders on insistence. Yet because you are so detached from reality, you would never conflate what you just did, and Jesus words, because it would....it DOES, render YOU the Pharisee.

This is unfortunately fitting as the congregation constantly uses this word in connection with you guys.

anywhooooo....I have no idea how you guys are still elders. Details of my encounter with you guys were sent to the branch and while I'm sure they won't remove you since you used to be a CO, it will at the very least detail the embarrassing encounter, and be on your record back east. Maybe it will make you think twice before trying to flex on the next guy. So.....I think that 45 minutes of my life is all I can give to you.

Later.

---------------------------------------

It was pretty gratifying. Never spoke to those dummies again.

• oppostate
    oppostate

sounds very brazen -- just sayin'

• blondie
    blondie

We are all imperfect so that is not really an excuse for the pervasive bully by one or more elders on a BOE. It ends up with the bullies running show and not by Christian rules, their game, their rules. The other elders have learned it does not work to try and point out the problems. Some elders withdraw and stick with their family and a few good friends. Some switch to a different congregation. Some do try to correct the matter and find they become a target of the bullies including their family.

Or their are the elders that tell the other elder, "we have your back," who become mute when the bullies jump the elder trying to do the loving thing.

One bully elder announced to the body when he was made COBOE, "it's my way or the highway." After hearing that 3 elders switched to new congregations with convenient excuses. The cowardly elders stayed and took more abuse.

Some elders learned never to have a discussion with two other elders without having someone else to confirm the truthfulness of the statements made.

Were the congregation just to overlook these serious flaws in members of the BOE? No back door correction for Peter..before them all by Paul although he was not a pillar.

(Galatians 2:8-14) . . .circumcised gave powers also to me for those who are of the nations; 9 yes, when they came to know the undeserved kindness that was given me, James and Cephas and John, the ones who seemed to be pillars, gave me and Barna·bas the right hand of sharing together, that we should go to the nations, but they to those who are circumcised. 10 Only we should keep the poor in mind. This very thing I have also earnestly endeavored to do. 11 However, when Cephas came to Antioch, I resisted him face to face, because he stood condemned. 12 For before the arrival of certain men from James, he used to eat with people of the nations; but when they arrived, he went withdrawing and separating himself, in fear of those of the circumcised class. 13 The rest of the Jews also joined him in putting on this pretense, so that even Barna·bas was led along with them in their pretense. 14 But when I saw they were not walking straight according to the truth of the good news, I said to Cephas before them all: “If you, though you are a Jew, live as the nations do, and not as Jews do, how is it that you are compelling people of the nations to live according to Jewish practice?”

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I have fantasized about giving at least five individual elders the finger.

Matter of fact I have a mental list going, they're just the top five.

To me, nothings says it better than a well timed bird and a sweet smile.😊

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit