Satan was right

by sloppyjoe2 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2

From the draw close to Jehovah book in chapter 11 paragraph 10 it says this:

10 To find out why God allows suffering, we need to think back to the time when suffering began. When Satan led Adam and Eve into disobeying Jehovah, an important question was raised. Satan did not call into question Jehovah’s power.Even Satan knows that there is no limit to Jehovah’s power. Rather, Satan questioned Jehovah’s right to rule. By calling God a liar who withholds good from his subjects, Satan charged that Jehovah is a bad ruler. (Read Genesis 3:2-5.)Satan implied that mankind would be better off without God’s rulership. This was an attack on Jehovah’s sovereignty, his right to rule.

As a JW I of course accepted this. Today I thought of the story of the Tower of Babel and looked it up in the bible. Here is what it says in Genesis 11:

5 Then Jehovah went down to see the city and the tower that the sons of men had built.6 Jehovah then said: “Look! They are one people with one language, and this is what they have started to do. Now there is nothing that they may have in mind to do that will be impossible for them. 7 Come! Let us go down there and confuse their language in order that they may not understand one another’s language.” 8 So Jehovah scattered them from there over the entire face of the earth, and they gradually left off building the city. 9 That is why it was named Baʹbel, because there Jehovah confused the language of all the earth, and Jehovah scattered them from there over the entire face of the earth.

Now Satan said according to JWs that man would be better off without God. Doesn't the Tower of Babel prove that was true? Jehovah discovered man could accomplish anything they wanted and so he scattered them throughout the earth and confused their language?

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Hadn't thought of it that way but you're right. Also, the serpent never lied to eve. He may have used hyperbole, but he didn't lie.
  • sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2
    If only a JW could see the reasoning.
  • prologos
    prologos
    Mankind could accomplish anything, even while imperfect? If soverenty has to be proven by hobbling, handicapping, kneecapping your challengers? what does that prove?
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Indeed prologos!

Great comment!

• fukitol
    fukitol

If humankind is made in God's image why would we need God to rule over us?

We've got it hardwired into our minds and hearts to govern ourselves satisfactorily eventually. We've made a hash of it for millennia but the signs are there were starting to get it right, slowly.

Children are born in the image of their parents but they eventually grow up, mature, and leave home. Only a psycopathic parent would try to rule over them forever.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    At the very least it shows that God interfered to make sure they weren't ok without him. Brings up another question. If he ALLOWS suffering because he can't interfere to prove his point, why was it ok for him to interfere this way to MAKE SURE and prove his point. Double standard.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Great point freemindfade!!
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

Satanic rule prevailed before this joke-hova decided to invade the planet. And once joke-hova infested the planet, all these paradigms that destroy humanity began. Science was stifled, and the superstition of original sin began. And with this fake problem came a "solution"--Jesus. That thing is nothing more than the archetype of the perfect slave and a tool to funnel psychic energy to the messiah that is going to conquer the whole world. Let that happen, and never again will we be anything more than slaves. You will be worked to death and discarded, with zero fun. Those in charge will be good for nothing loafers.

The alternate is Satan's rule.

• MarkAnthonyHerreraLeyva
    MarkAnthonyHerreraLeyva

But if we are imperfect, how can we have the perfect Government? It will never happen.

Mabye YhWy knew this and thought, hey this isn't going to work and they are really going to hurt themselves!

As we know today oxygen gets thinner further up. I am sure God knew this. I'm sure he thought and knew the outcome of this event and was only trying to prevent death of the species. Mabye the tower would have fallen in a good storm and crush all life around like the twintowers, what was the radius on that?

The bible says too much ppride can cause you to fall.

Mabye God wanted more breeding too! Who doesn't like grandchildren?

Satan lied saying we wont die. We did die, and still do.

Satan wants praise and thats it.

He went dirty.

Can't go somewhere clean if your dirty. We obviously are looking for clean only as humans. I mean we shower everyday.

Who knows what we would have learned from God, Adam and Eve never had kids, no teamwork to build shelters or technology.

We haven't had that yet with God, after all he is the smartest being known to man.

I herd on planets it rains diamonds and iron.. Etc., iron is strong, mabye we would of had the tech to bring it to earth to build. Diamond are used in movies for lasers, mabye we would have used that tech in a positive way, a Goldy way. God knows what he wants and why he wants it.

Besides, the JW say that Jesus is ruling, so that means God is stepping back, meaning his perfect ruling because he is perfect himself, who knows how God got like this, is going to happen and help mandkind, also we will be given the gift all movies search for! Perfect life and living forever young. Living forever like God is a hold back from Satan, he's holding back stuff too.

Like I said, Satan don't care, hes a brat. I also wonder how Satan's heart got cold if he was around Good people. Mabye there's more info out there we still don't know and God was going to introduce us too.

Either way he's a good guy. He did not hide sin from at all, he said it right there, in that tree, stay away, its going to hurt you, I'm not hiding nothing from you but I am going to give you my world of perfection.

He cares and is not a controling phyco.. He's a Dad, an overprotective dad like any soul on earth and knows what's best for his kids and not leaving them in the dark about anything like a parent should.

Don't touch the iron its hot!.. Baby touch.. Baby says ouch.. Parents says, see I told you..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit