Current GB members?

by Pistoff 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Are they not going to replace Jaracz and Barr, the last two to snuff it?

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Rick McLean is currently under consideration for the position.

He had done an exemplary job of upholding company policy.

• Quendi
    Quendi

They bring in some for a tryout assignment in Bethel and if that goes well then the candidate is "invited" to join the Governing Body. I knew one man who was invited but didn't meet the standards the rest wanted and was sent back into exile as a traveling overseer. That man was Don Arnoux who was a good circuit overseer and a really decent human being. He was one of my instructors at the Pioneer Service School I attended in Cheyenne, Wyoming back in 1983. He was married to a wonderful woman, Rosie, whom everyone loved. She was warm, personable, friendly and down-to-earth. And while Don tended to do things by the book, he showed a great deal of empathy for others and gave counsel in a brotherly spirit.

I have often thought that the reason he was rejected for inclusion on the Governing Body was that he had a soft spot in his heart for other people and made real efforts to get to know individual Witnesses. That may have been too much for the current leadership to tolerate. That doesn't mean he was a pushover--far from it. But he was open, honest, fair and honored women. He would always mention the wives of servants in his prayers, asking Jehovah to give them the strength to put up with absent husbands and demanding schedules. Quite a few of the Witness women I knew appreciated that kind of consideration which is all too rare in the organization.

Considering the direction the Governing Body has gone in recent years, it might be just as well that Don's candidacy was rejected. He might have found himself lonely and isolated in a group which clearly does not have the best interests of the rank-and-file in its hearts.

Quendi

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

Kurtbethel may have hit on something here.

The newer GB members or candidates will have photographs and a probably a background that will have some dirt attached to it.

It will be very hard to select members with a clear past.

MTM

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

I. M. Sparlock?

kurtbethel: LOL - "one who has not defiled himself" comes to mind. I guess I would have a smile like that if I had that on my neck!

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

GB's on FB i cant wait...

• Nebeska Nada
    Nebeska Nada

Pistoff, how did you know?

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

ummmmmmmm, very interesting catch.

• Vanderhoven7

Share this

Google+