I messed myself up...

by MC RubberMallet 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

The past few weeks have been hectic.
    But I went through an experience that has messed me up since.
    I met up with an old friend one day who I know went apostate. It was a really bad day for me, which was really bad for me since I've been taking TTATT as a speed bump but still moving along in life with an ok adjustment. He since brought a really nice house, cars, new job, everything he always wanted without feeling guilt. We talked. I asked how he made the transition rather smoothly. He told me various things. But at the end of that conversation, he pulled out a pipe and a lighter. He asked if I wanted a puff. I declined. I've NEVER smoked or even came closed to using any type of narcotics in my life, never was I even tempted, because...
    1) I've seen the damage to other people very close to me firsthand.
    2) I take great pride in always being in control of myself.

Anyway, he told me when he feels any type of stress from the mind-rape he experienced, he takes a hit and it usually passes. All the while he was highway driving. So I thought, he's doing well in life, and he is driving while "high" of this stuff, it must not be that bad. Then what he told me next suprised me. He said it was legal. It's a synthetic form of marajuana, chemically induced THC. AND it does not show up in drug tests, AND it makes on feels euphoric emotions like marajuana. (The drug goes by the common names herbal incense, K2, and spice.)
    Damn. It was all the makings of an after school special.

I took a puff. I felt nothing. He told me I had to hold it. I tried to hold it. Couldn't. Kept coughing it out immediately. I kept trying. On my 9th puff, yes, NINE, I held it. I was going somewhere. That place was nice, for a split second. Then it turned to HELL.
    It is very difficult to explain to people whom have never used a mind-altering substance, or to overdose on it. If you have, you will understand what I went through. I didn't know what to expect or what was happening, how long it was going to last, or anything. But damn. I did research when I came home, and find out I experienced extreme psychosis, (which includes delusion, catatonia, hallucinations), combined with a level 4 psychadelic experience. I tried to write my experience down but it still makse no sense to me after, so I won't include it here. But, I've read people's bad trip experiences off this drug, and it was common that people stated they've never tripped like with this stuff. Common drug users said they were going back to using acid and normal weed because this was too much.

The scary ass place I went was scary as hell, but it was real. I feel like life has been/is fake and that's where reality is (strong junk it was). I've been extremely depressed since. Maybe it hit an irrepairable part of my brain (studies still haven't been conclusive on the long term effects of this crap).
    I will NEVER use anything ever again. I am so disappointed in myself. I can't believe I fell for it. It was the worst mental state in which to use a drug, and I'm stuck in the state it feels like.

On a lighter but very serious note, The Matrix trilogy was on TV last week, and I watched the whole thing and actually understood it perfectly.

• baltar447
    baltar447

I'd STRONGLY advise anyone to avoid these synthetic THC products. They are BAD NEWS. If you can't get the real stuff, then forget it.

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

Agreed baltar. I continuously read the same warning. The word 'legal' and 'synthetic' makes people feel like it's a safer more responsible alternative. But according to users AND the scientists examining the chemicals that make these up, it definitely isn't.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

What was it, salvia? I think salvia is legal and it will really mess you up.

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

Very similar to salvia. But spice, k2, and herbal incense is what what I had called.

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

Steer clear of that stuff. Marijuana is a far milder high. I always feels in control with marijuana. Gives me a sense of clarity. But salvia and synthetics I have tried are bad news. Truly mind altering. Try a good Canibus Sativa for your first experience. Indica will just put you to sleep so where's the fun in that.

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

Thanks for tips. But I will NEVER do any drugs again, natural or not. I get a really naseaous bad feeling re-thinking about this 1 experience.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I think that if I live to be 70, I'll allow myself to try MJ. Until then, my head is already complicated enough from JW withdrawal.

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

Well, I am a strong advocate for MJ legalisation (not trying to start a debate) and I get high almost every day (I hold a professional job and you would never know I smoke unless I told you). But to everybody out there, don't EVER try this "legal weed" spice, k2, bath salts stuff. It is horrible, it is not anything like MJ or even acid, which I've only tried twice 15 years ago. Anyway, every bad thing you hear about it is true, I know hardcore drug users (cocaine, meth) that won't even touch the stuff. Just my word to the wise.

MC don't freak out. You had a bad high, but you will be ok. Consider it a learning experience, you tried something and you know you don't like it. Just because it helps your friend doesnt mean it will help you. Everyones different, hopefully you find a way to cope with your experiences.

• Cacky
    Cacky

We all make mistakes. All we can do is learn from them. I've also read bad things about those synthetic drugs. Back when the Columbine school shooting happened, my husband, a jw at the time, but grew up in the 70's non jw, said kids should go back to smoking marijuana so they'll mellow out. Pretty true for most people, it just makes you fell mellow, like all is good. That's not what you took. Don't worry yourself over it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit