"Oh My God, I'm In A Cult!" video posted today

by JWOP 15 Replies latest jw friends

• JWOP
    JWOP

Ex-sister at a former JW barbecue explaining how the light went on for her, the moment she realized she was actually in a cult:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s2hbQc9aIs&feature=g-all-lik

(let's see if I know how to make this link work, LOL!)

• baltar447
    baltar447

Great video!

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Great vid, thanks for posting!

• Farkel
    Farkel

You mean the JWs are a Cult?

Shit. I guess I'll become a Mormon, then. They're pretty cool.

(Great video.)

Farkel

• flipper
    flipper

Awesome youtube . Thanks for posting. Very well expressed by this lady. I think she expresses many of our sentiments as well. I know she does mine

• mouthy
    mouthy

Great Thanks for posting....

• Aware!
    Aware!

I was also put off by a speaker at the district convention saying that independent thinking and reading your Bible without WT aids was bad. The indiscriminate use of "The Truth" several times in publications and meeting comments was also something that set off the alarm bells in me. For example, the prologue on page three of the Keep Yourselves in God’s Love book has the word “truth” appear eight times. I also wondered why the brothers had to be reminded that they were in “The Truth” all the time. If it were really the truth, then there should be no reason for doubt, and the truth has nothing to fear from.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I'm glad I watched this video. . . and the cameraman had the angle he had.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

If it were really the truth, then there should be no reason for doubt, and the truth has nothing to fear from.

Dunno how long you've been in "the Truth", but there was a little blue book published by WTBTS back in the 1960's which was informally referred to as "The Truth" book: it even had those exact words embossed in gold on both the front and spine.

HUGE red flag, as you say, because real truths don't label themselves as being the truth, and it's arrogant to even pursue that approach, ESP when discussing religious beliefs and matters of faith. There's lots of "truths" in Buddhist beliefs, but why don't THEY knock on people's doors to "Share THEIR Good News of the Kingdom" (and I'm sure that if the Bible weren't already in the public domain, the WTBTS would've sought trademark and copyright protection, securing their rights for exclusive use of those words).

• carla

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit