Strollers at DC

by InquiryMan 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

If I understand it correctly, strollers are not allowed at US conventions.

In Sweden, a letter was written to the congregation, introducing this new rule. However, quite a few families wrote letters to the Society,
    asking if they wanted families with children to attend the assemblies or not... It was stated that they would not go unless strollers were allowed.

The society pulled back, allowing strollers in designated areas.

In Norway, they didnĀ“t even bother to introduce the rule in the first place...

Are American JWs more "obedient" than their European counterparts?

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

Strollers are generally not allowed anywhere in arenas or auditoriums proper. It is generally a violation against prevailing fire codes as they can impeded the exit path. IN DC's here in Canada there are designated stroller areas, often on the arena floor whaere it is easy to exit in an emergency. To ban them outright is wrong. I figure some 50/60 something DC coordinator who decidied not to have family in 1975 makes a sweeping genralization without any scriptural backing.

• careful one
    careful one

Strange...wheelchairs are allowed. I think the fire regulation would pertain to strollers blocking the aisles. I think those who made that decision should have looked after an 14 - 18 month old child for a 3 day assembly and then made the decision !!!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

They have a designated wheelchair area, why not a designated stroller area? I don't know how my mom managed with all her kids without the use of a stroller.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

There's a language barrier here that doesn't get resolved across the Atlantic.

Strollers, this side of the pond, are people who walk up and down, sometimes for no good purpose.

Babies and small children ride in pushchairs.

It took me several long seconds...

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

This is a bs rule. Some venues have designated spaces for strollers at the back of the auditorium. As long as the stroller doesn't block any exit path or exit itself it should be ok. This is a sore subject with me. I have been to a boat show in the same arena as the convention. I had a delightful time rolling my kid around in the stroller. No problems then. I know some children's groups like the wiggles have played the venue, and I saw a picture of the many people with kids and strollers then.

The reason this makes me angry is the dillholes in Brooklyn making these stupid ass rules have never had to cart a cooler, a bookbag' and a three year old 1/2 mile from the parking garage to the center. Pricks.

Also there is the new rule that all delegates should come to the hotel to check in wearing their meeting clothes and badges. So this means that I have to get off work on Thursday, go home put a suit on make sure my wife and kid are dressed and then drive 4 hours to the convention city hotel. Just to check in! Again it is a classic case of dipshits who have never had to work secularly or have kids to take care of, making stupid ass rules. They sure are following Jesus example of making the "load light".

Can you tell this makes me mad?

Siam

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Siam: Yes, and you have good reason to be pissed. Rules are made by CULTS with no concern for its members.

Kojack

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

Always this ban in the KM and nobody follows it.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

siam said it best. :) Stupidass rules.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Best option would just be not to go or take your kids.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit