Will we have to endure Serena thanking Jehovah for another Wimbledon title?

by jambon1 19 Replies latest jw friends

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Thinking persons will agee that rather than spening countless hours practicing and playing tennis and drawing attention to herself it would have been better if she'd have spent the time bringing honor to the Creator and built up treasures for herself in heaven rather than striving for acclaim in this dying system of things.

• cofty
    cofty

Deceived - yes honestly I just watched the final on BBC. There was a close up of her dad and he is wearing a polo shirt with "Jehovah is... (obscured by his arm) God"

The word Jehovah is in a larger font and in blue thread with the words "is....God" below in smaller font and in white.

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

Such hypocrisy in this religion (no better than the others) that the Williams sisters get away with this. While GB produce such inane animations to scare little kids sh**less they do nothing with the likes of the Williams sisters. Google images of her and there are none in her FS outfit but plenty of her showing as much flesh as possible. I have nothing against those who proclaim to be religious, unless they are practicing hypocrites - the Williams family and Mama Jackson all fit into that category. I am sure that Jehovah blessed her short balls so she could win....

• wasblind
    wasblind

When the witnesses tried to discourage the prom, and extra curricular activities

and volunteering outside the org. I had to back them sisters up, that's when they

sic the brothers on me.. Shit didn't work

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

I watched it. I hadn't seen this thread then.

I think Serena's words were "I thank Jehovah for letting me win."

So, he stopped the Polish girl from winning? Doesn't seem fair, somehow. No wonder she was a bit stressed afterwards.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have some bad news: Jehovah didn't want you to get that title. Rather, the time you spent practicing so you would be that good "should have been used to pious-sneer". And Jehovah doesn't want anyone getting any glory.

Anyone using their talents, or developing same, should not thank that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag for them. That Scumbag doesn't want us using our talents in any way that is going to further our own physical, emotional, or even true spiritual condition. Instead, Jehovah wants such talents to go completely to waste while we keep on knocking on doors. I would definitely not thank that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag for that.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee
    I think Serena's words were "I thank Jehovah for letting me win."

"Bodily training is beneficial for a little but the woman who thanks Jehovah on international television is one heaping praise upon herself his holy name "

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I wonder how many JWS shit themselves when she at one time again thanked Jehovah and then draped the American flag around herself.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

One has to think it is almost sarcastic at this point. So if I'm talented at something it isn't good for me to pursue that as a goal in life but it is okay for Serena Williams?

• jam
    jam

Boxer, thank you God for my win. I beat the crap

out of my opponent. Thank you God for giving me

the strength to beat him senseless. Please leave

God out of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit