You CAN continue associating with wordly/disfellowshipped family members AND get a higher education

by Anony Mous 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Quotes:

-- Therefore, explain that a parent's decision an a child's associates would not be based on religion, but on the young one's conduct ... It will probably help if you acknowledge that this does not mean that all other youths whom your children are around in the neighborhood or at school are no good. Some of them may be pleasant and decent, as some of your neighbors, relatives, and workmates are. Try to help your offspring to see this and to grasp that you are balanced in your application of Paul's wise, paternal counsel to the Corinthians.

-- The decisions con cerning higher education, participation in extracurricular activ ities, and career are personal decisions to be made by both parents and the child. As the Watchtower Society has indicat ed, there are "no hard-and-fast rules [which] should be made either for or against extra education."

-- Disfellowshipping is defined by the Watchtower Society's publications as a spiritual cutting off. However, blood and family ties remain ... First, according to the religious practice "normal family affections and dealings can continue." See The Watchtower, April 15, 1988, page 28, paragraph 13. Second, all children are admonished to show honor to father and mother. (Ephesians 6:1-3) This directive does not take into account the parents' religious affiliation or standing.

Watchtower publication: Child Custody Litigation When Religion is A Factor published by WTBTS November 1993

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Well that's just dishonest!

• sir82
    sir82
    The decisions concerning higher education, participation in extracurricular activities, and career are personal decisions to be made by both parents and the child. As the Watchtower Society has indicated, there are "no hard-and-fast rules [which] should be made either for or against extra education."

Now that's weird, I don't remember hearing anything like that at the recent district convention....

Disfellowshipping is defined by the Watchtower Society's publications as a spiritual cutting off. However, blood and family ties remain ... First, according to the religious practice "normal family affections and dealings can continue."

I must be going deaf, I didn't hear that message either.

Must have said it while I was in the loo.....

• blondie
    blondie

Just remember that WTS has the policy for non-jw consumption especially media and then what every jw knows is the "real" rule, the unwritten one most times. I remember when the WTS had an agreement with the Bulgarian government re transfusions and minor children...vastly different than the official policy for jws.

Like jws df'ing (da'ing) themselves re joining the military, another religion, taking a blood transfusion. not the WTS

The WTS speaks out of both sides of their mouth.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I guess there is a sect among the JW's, they call themselves "Legal Department", they seem to be so much less strict, I wish I had gone to their hall.

• sabastious
    sabastious

How can this:

Disfellowshipping is defined by the Watchtower Society's publications as a spiritual cutting off. However, blood and family ties remain - Child Custody Litigation When Religion is A Factor published by WTBTS November 1993

...be reconciled with this:

After he was reinstated, he said that he always missed the association with his family, especially at night when he was alone. But, he admitted, had the family associated with him even a little, that small dose would have satisfied him. However, because he did not receive even the slightest communication from any of his family, the burning desire to be with them became one motivating factor in his restoring his relationship with Jehovah. - Watchtower April 2012

It seems apparent that the Watchtower wants to have both a public and a private image. Which is a sure sign of a dangerous mind control cult. Run... far away.

-Sab

• Hermano
    Hermano

Does anyone have a copy of said publication? How can the average JW be made aware of it?

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I do have a copy of it. Atlantis has uploaded all 3 of their custody publications here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/r83376

Let me know if you need any information.

• St George of England
  • St George of England

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit