Dragons? What Dragons?

by AGuest 44 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
    still thinking

Yeah...kinda disappointing that it didn't go anywhere.......not enough evidence maybe...

• Nambo
    Nambo

Now I though that the term Dragon, was just a name that people used to give to what we now call dinosaurs, hense the legends such as George and the Dragon that if happened today we might call George and the Dinosaur if such creatures where not extinct.

I read some old English newspapers from the 18th century which had an article about a "dragon" that was a nuisance to a local village in that it would dig up and eat freshly buried corpses.

Is it possible that there are therefore in effect, two types of dragons?, literal flesh and blood creatures that have pretty much disappeared notwithstanding reports from the Likouala swamps in Africa where such creatures are still encountered, and Spiritual beings that have chosen to represent themselves in the manner of what must be the most awe inspiring of Gods fleshly creations?

• ziddina
    ziddina

I'm working on a thread (which I will post later in the week) about the concept of "dragons" as it has evolved over time.

Turns out, the ancients concept of "dragons" was far, far different from the scaly creatures with leathery, bat-like wings that is popular nowadays.

In fact, at one time I posted a comment about dragons on the board, and someone corrected my misperception [Leolaia???] that the ancients' concept of "dragons" was the same as our modern one...

Turns out, the ancients used the term "dragon" to refer to snakes - though there's more to the story, as you will see when I post my thread.

To be continued...

• elderelite
    elderelite

Tease!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Speaking of tease...

Did you check out my little gift for you at that... Uhm.... "other" site???

Hee hee hee heeeee! she devil smiley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit