Any comments from JW's about the Conti Case & Judgement?

by UnConfused 10 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

I'm curious if anyone has had any conversations with active JW's about this?

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

Yup I brought it up at a BBQ one night boy did that make a stink my wife had to be taken home by her friend in the midst of it and discussion lasted a good 3 hours. Brought up the false dating of russell and rutherfords blunders threw in some Franz just for good measure. I had to assure the group I wasn't leaving to calm their concern. Boy faking it is such a drag!

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

Mention of the millions to be paid out and how their donations go to support defending pedofiles didn't sit well with them

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I talked about it with my wife who is still "in" and with her case and all the other child molester cases she firmly believes it was the parents responsibility to turn in the suspects despite any urging from the brothers to keep it internal. I tend to agree with part of what she said but i believe the org is responsible and should never hide it from the authorities.

On a side note. After showing her the article I asked her if she may have known Conti. My wife lived in Freemont CA for about 10 years as a young girl. She was in the North Freemont congragation. She did a little research and asked her mom if it was the same girl she knew growing up. It turned out it was. My wife spent the night a few times at her house and was friends with her. She believes this was before she was molested. My wife said she was 6 or so when she would hang out with her. Its crazy how everyone "in" the org can me connected in some way or another.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Wow Dazed, that is an interesting side note.

Lied2 - I can't imagine you aren't being turned into the elders for questioning bringing up such subjects! Hang in there

• cedars
    cedars

I've just been informed that JW Talk has closed its Candace Conti case discussion thread. Perhaps someone can verify this?

If true, this certainly shows how uncomfortable this subject is proving for Governing Body loyalists.

Cedars

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

So closing it is an indication of how troublesome it is to the Society. Can we assume that many people who normally comply with the Wt were upset and posting questions? Good.

• cedars
    cedars

Band on the Run - I can't see the Conti case causing anything but upset and questions among thinking Witnesses, irrespective of their expressed loyalty to the Governing Body.

I've just received proof that the JW Talk thread entitled "J. W.'s ordered to pay more than $20 million" has definitely been closed. I'm not sure of the reasons, but I'm sure this is an uncomfortable subject for regular witnesses to grapple with.

Cedars

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

It was closed days ago.

It's still available to read, however.

http://www.jwtalk.net/forum/read.php?49,112668

... and with her case and all the other child molester cases she firmly believes it was the parents responsibility to turn in the suspects despite any urging from the brothers to keep it internal.

That's fine if the parents know about it straight away. Candace's parents didn't know she'd been molested until she was an adult.

One thing I found annoying about the jwtalk discussion was that many (most?) were making judgments and giving sweeping generalizations without having the slightest clue what the details of the case were.

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore
    If I believed the elders really had any control over me this would concern me but don't believe they do. I'm ready for battle if they wanna go toe to toe either verbally or physically

Lied2 - I can't imagine you aren't being turned into the elders for questioning bringing up such subjects! Hang in there

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit