Breeding Ground for Sex offenders

by enigma1863 14 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

tim310rd - "...the Jose Lopez case. It was admitted that the information exists in a database, but WT refused to provide it."

Honestly, I think the WTS just might have handed their legal opponents a virtually foolproof way of beating them...

...call a GB member to the stand and subpoena the pedo files...

... and when the WTS refuses to provide either (contempt of court, really), the verdict - following the precedent set in this case - automatically defaults against them.

x

It wouldn't surprise me at all if WT Legal has realized this, advised the GB accordingly, and that the recent money grabs are at least partly related.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    Wouldn't making it easier for pedophiles to stay and prey on childrendirectly cause the WTS to have a higher percentage of them than other religions?

It could be, but I was thinking that if you are looking at the population as a whole, x percent are pedophiles (I am not sure of the actual number), then you look at those who were born in or converted, the likelihood is that the same percent are pedophiles. (Unless you can make a case that pedophiles are more drawn to JWs than other religions, which would be a stretch, imo).

But Jehovah's Witnesses are more likely to be involved and active with others in the congregation than people in other religions, so you could make a case that JW pedophiles have more opportunity to meet and connect with vulnerable children within their own congregation than do members of other religions, which then gives them even more incentive to be active in the religion. Pedophiles in other religions probably have less incentive to to stay and be active in their church in order to find victims, unless they are in a position of authority. But they are still counted as members of that church, even if they rarely attend, while JWs are not counted unless they are active publishers.

So while I don't know if you can say there are a statistically higher percentage of pedophiles in the JWs, I think you could probably make a case that the guy sitting next to you at the Kingdom Hall is more likely to be a pedophile than the guy sitting next to you in church. I just think you need to be careful in making statements about child sex abuse that can't be proven, as it can be counter productive.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I dont really think there is any more pedophiles in the JWS religion than any other religion % wise but its known that the WTS tactic and policies are dangerously irresponsible not only for the JW children attending but also outside the organization, for tis known that these individuals will leave an area when discovered but not apprehended.

The organization has been treating pedophilia the same as other sexual misconduct such as fornication or adultery, it isn't and thats why its a crime in most countries.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

done4good - "...while I don't know if you can say there are a statistically higher percentage of pedophiles in the JWs, I think you could probably make a case that the guy sitting next to you at the Kingdom Hall is more likely to be a pedophile than the guy sitting next to you in church."

Funny; I would have thought that if the guy sitting next to me at the KH is more likely to be a pedophile than the guy sitting next to me in church, it might be because of a statistically higher percentage of pedophiles in the JWs.

x

done4good - " I just think you need to be careful in making statements about child sex abuse that can't be proven, as it can be counter productive."

Noted.

For the record, I was making a deduction, not a statement.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

finketstein - " I dont really think there is any more pedophiles in the JWS religion than any other religion % wise but its known that the WTS tactic and policies are dangerously irresponsible."

In my observation, the WTS's tactics and policies are arguably the most dangerous and irresponsible of any religion I've seen.

Seems to me that there would be more offenders in the JW religion than in others (percentage-wise or otherwise) as a direct consequence of that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit