Getting re-instated for fun & profit.

by Trismegistus 14 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

Welcome and some great advice from diamondiz and others. I've thought about the same thing for different reasons (to protect my family, a mother instinct) but I was so sick miserable before and told my husband to put me into psychiatric care if I ever returned --- not that he would/hopefully! I've a dear friend (ex-witness, also) who visits many churches and drops by a public talk at the hall once in awhile and insists they taught her the Bible (she works all the time and I need to meet up w/her for more lunch breaks --- I can't convince her to come on this site). She's already decided not to return from the way they treat her dressed in her pantsuits on her way to work after meetings. The elders corner her to hound her about her intentions and she is very evasive and says I'm just catching a public talk now and then. She and her husband (an elder at the time) left over a pedophile case in this same congregation --- an elder pedophile).

I think this board will keep you inspired for awhile. I have to say I think it's intriguing/exciting the members inside (can't think of the word --- ask Ynot need coffee) working underground against the cult.

LV101

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

It's very easy to make new friends if you put forth a little effort.

Good advice from diamondiiz.

The quality of your friends trapped in a mind control cult isn't exactly at a high level. Now if you feel you can extract them - then by all means dive in and do what you need to do.

There is a great story from a woman who went back in to the cult to save her daughter. She was able to get her out! She wrote a great book about it! I forget the name of it, but I am sure you can find it if you google it. You may want to check it out.

Cheers,

The Oracle

• LV101
    LV101

Trismegistus --- those covert members are referred to as "conscious class".

The Oracle or anyone who knows the name of book you're referring to please advise/thanks.

• Trismegistus
    Trismegistus

I suppose this wool-gathering is due to my general low self-confidence right now. I'm uprooted and currently lonely. While my parents love & accept me for my atheist ways (a rarity!), a difficulty in communication is to be expected.

This too, shall pass.

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

Go for it. Get reinstated. It will make life much easier. It's easy to know what to tell them. Say what they want to hear, make sad faces, slouch in your seat so you look ashamed, maintain eye contact when saying anything of substance....we all know the drill. These guys can't read hearts and you probably have an aight heart anyway, but who are they or we to judge. Reinstatement will make life easier for everyone involved...then fade if need be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit