Landmark U.S. verdict against Jehovah’s Witnesses may prompt Canadian sex abuse lawsuits

by mind blown 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Where have all the Canadians gone to? On Vacation? I'm surprised that so few Canadians have posted on this thread.

If you like the Toronto Star article, even though there were a few errors (see http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/child-abuse/228008/1/In-case-anyone-is-wondering-why-the-Toronto-Star-reporter-mixed-up-my-website-with-JWN-heres-the-answer-Sorry-Simon) please tell Wendy Gillis. [email protected]

Thanks,

Barbara

• therevealer
    therevealer

turtleturtle - what they shouldn't do is try their best to keep it under wraps to protect their holy (in their minds only) name. You have to get informed on the subject I guess.

• sf
    sf

Oh boy PENTON, I don't think you understood the absolute irony of this statement...it is brilliant!:

“They’re sure getting a bloody nose over this one"

Oh, snap!

Ah, but we all Know how WTBTS' BLOOD STAINS are not limited to drips from their noses.

Have you seen their HANDS!?!?

• sf
    sf

The obvious dynamic BOER did not have back then that CONTI has now is........

SOCIAL NETWORKING.

We can re-ignite her story with this tool, as as 'sidenote'. Just include it in your Awareness Project. Simple. It too, will generate discussion and renewed light on BOERs case.

(ha, i just realized what i said....NEW LIGHT!)

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

sKally

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

Once again, Rick Simons (the lawyer representing Candace Conti) has shared some helpful information. If you do not live in the USA but need assistance finding a lawyer who understands how to properly handle a child abuse case involving harmful Watchtower policy, please contact:

Jeff Anderson or Mike Finnegan at Anderson Advocates in Minnesota, as they are the center of a general national network of child sex abuse lawyers.

www.andersonadvocates.com

Jeff Anderson denounced the Watchtower's 'haven for pedophiles' 10 years ago in my local paper he has been around the block.

• Devil_Fish
    Devil_Fish

Turtle said:

I don't understand the whole child abuse thing.

What exactly should the WT have done once the Elders receive information regarding someone abusing children?

Well Turtle,

The Elders knew that he had mollested his step daughter. He had confessed this to mutiple elders as well as his wife. When they later saw a 9 year old girl (conti) sitting on his lap during the meetings, that should have raised a red flag for any "Shepard". The WT is not guilty of molestation, or even of failing to report molestation. They are guilty of neglegence, malice, and child endangerment. They are an accesory to molestation, through their failure to act on multiple red flags. I find the clame that they didn't know that Conti was being molested almost laughable if it wasn't so disgusting.

May all abused children find peace.

D_F

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

I have heard some rumblings in California among elders. The Fremont elders are terrified that the three of them have to come up with 300,000+ each. Perhaps elders will think before they blindly follow WTBTS legal department BS.!!

• Room 215
    Room 215

Don't know why the Fremont elders aren't facing prosecution and jail time as accessories to the crime.

• Refriedtruth
  • Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

NEW 1st paid ad

Why this is good news is that the plaintiff law firms are 'using' the Conti case as a precedent to groom more suits.There may be a whole rash of lawyer advertisements coming up like you see (in magazines and on TV) over asbestos and the bad drugs,.....

I am so happy!

Thank you Conti's.

High rank will make Watchtower legal squirm.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/9/prweb9933137.htm LINK

Plaintiff Awarded $28 Million in Jehovah's Witness Child Molestation ...

PR Web (press release) - ... California jury awarded $28 million in damages to Candace Conti who said the Jehovah's Witnesses allowed an adult member of a Fremont, ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit