• wasblind
    wasblind

I went to the doc last week told of my symptoms and she

suspect a gall bladder problem

So I have to take this med for a week to see if it relieves the sypmtoms

anybody been in this situation ????

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

take some vitamins, go to your health store. Just a suggestion.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I am not a fan of conventional medicine.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

I cured myself of gall bladder problems, wasblind, through a regime of lots and lots of high quality extra virgin olive oil, first cold pressing, plus massively increasing my vegetable and fruit intake, especially apples and apple juice too. Apples contain a substance very beneficial to the gall bladder.

I did so partly on the advice of an alternative health practitioner, partly on the advice and information provided by a friend who is a nutritionist, and partly on the advice and info offered here

http://www.kitchendoctor.com/health_issues/gallbladder.php

My doctor wanted to put me in for an operation to remove the gall bladder. I rather felt that if I had been made with one to start with, the chances were that I was better off with it than without it if we could heal it.

I did not do the complete gall bladder flush recommended on the site I've linked to above, but what I did was a lesser version, with the dietary changes I've outlined above. This was about 7 years ago, maybe more, and I have had no trouble whatsoever since then. Before that I had had periodic episodes of extreme pain.

One word of warning. I had an ultrasound scan ordered by my doctor to find my gallstones and see what they were like. It turned out that I had very many, but all small ones. I think that may be why it worked with me. I think you should check with your doctor that it's safe to do for you. If, for instance, you were to have one very large gallstone, then it might not be safe. For me, it worked like magic!

If you want any further info, please PM me and I'll help if I can!

Edit: I agree with Iamallcool, on the whole, but instead of health shop vitamins I'd try to do it through natural dietary means.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Thank you for that infor Char

I go back in a week , I hope this med works though

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

I just Googled Prilosec and find it is Omeprazole in the UK. I've never taken it but know someone who has.

I think it is widely prescribed over here as a general anti-indigestion remedy. it's not specifically just for gallbladder.

if you are experiencing episodes of acute pain centring high on your right side, and especially if at times you alo get pain in your right shoulder, then there's a strong chance that it is gallbladder. And if she's prescribed Prilosec, now that i know what it is, you won't do yourself any harm by following the regime i suggested.

I wouldn't do the total gallbladder flush suggested on the site I linked to, but honestly, make the changes I suggested, eat lots of fruit and veg especially appllea=s and dark green leafy veggies, and spinkle high grade extra virgin olive oil, first cold pressing if you can get it, on anything you fancy. PLUS, I forgot this and it is very important, reduce the amount of animal and dairy fat you eat.

Oh, boiled eggs are very good for gall bladder too. not too hard boiled, soft is best. They contain the same beneficial substance as apples. it;s called choline.

You cannot do yourself any harm by following these dietary changes, and now that I know what Prilosec is, you can make the changes even while you're on that medication. Don't do the gall bladder flush as yet through, that's a bit more drastic and you might not need it. I never did do it.

Let us know how you get on. BTW, this kind of diet is good for anyone at all. It's not drastic, and don't go over the top and make it drastic. Gently does it.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Buy this book

Healthy Healing™ 14th Ed. - NOW SHIPPING!

View Cart

Qty:

A Step-by-Step Guide to Healing Over 400 Ailments Through Diet, Whole Herbs, Supplements and Exercise
    By Linda Page, Ph.D., Traditional Naturopath & Sarah Abernathy

MILLIONS OF COPIES SOLD

Avoid drug side effects and skyrocketing medical costs with America’s Original Guide to Natural Healing!

In a world where your health seems lost somewhere between big business, insurance companies and government red tape, the all-new 14 th edition of Healthy Healing offers a new choice.

You are the real champion of your health, not your doctor or even your naturopath. Healthy Healing is the only book on the market which allows you to customize your own personalized natural health program for more than 400 ailments.

Healthy Healing offers step-by-step recommendations on the foods you put on your table, the supplements you purchase, and the stress-relieving therapies and exercises you choose for healing. Natural remedies work—by themselves or with conventional protocols—for many health concerns. For over 25 years, Healthy Healing has proven this philosophy and is America's Original Guide to Natural Healing.

New & Updated Sections in Healthy Healing 14 th Edition:
    • Using Enzyme Therapy to Speed Illness Recovery
    • Are Alternative Vaccine Schedules a Better Choice?
    • Infertility Solutions & Natural Pregnancy Care
    • Is a Gluten-Free Lifestyle Right For You?
    • Green Living & The Importance of Following a Plant-Based Diet
    • Healthy Diets for Dogs and Cats – Homemade vs. Commercial
    • Genetically Engineered Foods – Are they “superfoods” or a disaster in the making?
    • Organic 101 – The most heavily sprayed foods to avoid
    • ...and Much More!
    Look Inside This Book:
    Pages: 672
    ISBN: 1-884334-97-0
    Language: English
    Publisher: Healthy Healing LLC

What People are Saying About Healthy Healing 14 th Edition

"A wealth of health and healing. A Must for your library."
    Elson Haas, M.D., author of Staying Healthy with the Seasons, The New Detox Diet andStaying Healthy with Nutrition.

"Another Dr. Linda Page health winner you can trust! Very few people can match her years of experience and expertise."
    Patricia Bragg, N.D., Ph.D., health pioneer and author of Bragg Vegetarian Health Recipes.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

I don't think Omeprazole/Prilosec is too sinister, Iamallcool. It's fairly mild.

I'm a bit wary of health books like this.

A common sense, natural diet approach makes a lot more sense to me, which perhaps is really what the book says? Don't know....loks a bit like a money-make to me though.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I have this book, it tells you what vitamins and food to take for every health problem, etc... It is a very good book.

• Kahlua
    Kahlua

Before you get talked into surgery, read this book - "The Liver and Gallbladder Miracle Cleanse" by Andreas Moritz. This book explains how the liver and gallbladder work and how the stones form. It explains how to flush them out. I did a similar olive oil flush about 10 yrs ago when I was having gallbladder problems and it worked. I was already scheduled for surgery and cancelled it after talking to several co-workers. The instructions I found on the Internet did not say you should do the flush several times over months to completely clear all the stones from your gallbladder and liver though. I personally would not do the colonic they recommend in this book but there are alternatives suggested. I get my books pretty cheap online at www.half.ebay.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit