Stress on young ones

by LHS123 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing
    They will never find "true" friends among the Witnesses. Being non-judgmental and accepting isn't exactly one of their strong suits.
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    Sounds like your daughter would have no problems .....making her own circle.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

You need to be there for your daughter. Don't increase her anxiety. Show her that it is her choice and you will be on her side no matter what. Just as you are also on your sons' side! I hope you are encouraging him to do his best at school and head to college after...despite him 'going off the rails.' Show him that he can be whatever he wants to be, but it will take effort.

LHS I did not abandon faith and you don't have to either. But do more research on witness doctrine using outside info. The doubts you are having are showing you that they're wrong. It's not the way it should be.

Start letting go of this hanging on to appearances and witness social circles. It's all superficial. Start building other friendships.

• TheListener
    TheListener
    LHS123 you have a pm.
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

LHS, what parent never slipped up occasionally? Seems to me like you're a very caring Mum, learning as you go through a difficult situation - welcome to the club 😋.

Faye's advice on being there for your son and daughter is spot on (but you know that anyway) although I'd challenge her on one thing;

LHS I did not abandon faith and you don't have to either.

But it would be better if you did. Don't saddle your children with a gods and demons mythology that will only hold them back from the wonders of reality and burden them with unnecessary guilt, shame and feelings of inadequacy.

Free your kids!

• whathappened
    whathappened
    I deeply regret raising my daughter a JW. She is still in, I am out. I see her slaving for this cult and it makes me I'll. Think about her future. If she marries a JW, she could find herself stuck!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit