Watchtower explains why it's NOT a Cult

by JWOP 49 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cedars
    cedars

Thoroughly enjoyed that video, it was hilarious! I've liked it on YouTube and tweeted it.

Cedars

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

ROFL!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

marked for when my internet is not expletive deleted

oz

• admirmitch
    admirmitch

TOO FUNNY!!!!!

• poppers
    poppers

Hilarious!

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

That's funny, what is the date of this article?

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

I knew they weren't a cult!

This proves it.

Thanks for the laughs.

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

I love JWFairytale

Did he ever post on here?

• Sulla
    Sulla

Very funny, though I've never heard a Russian accent quite like that.

I do tend against the idea that the JWs are a cult: when they followed a charismatic leader they didn't try to control everybody so much, and when they tried to control everybody they didn't have a charismatic leader. I also think that 7.5 million is an awfully high number of members for a cult to have.

• cedars
    cedars

JakeM2012 - The main article quoted from appears to be the February 15th 1994 Watchtower, however other publications are cleverly referenced including page 110 of the book "Bear Thorough Witness" which shows the Governing Body and describes their various committees. The part about "chosen men" is taken from page 113 in the same publication.

I don't think this video is for EVERYONE. Heavily indoctrinated squeemish JWs might find it hard going due to the language etc, but the points brought out will resonate heavily with more thick-skinned doubters. I personally found it side-splittingly funny. I particularly loved the part where he says "I thought [the answer] was yes until they told me it was 'no'!" - genius!!

Out of interest, does jwFairyTale post on this forum?

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit