When a Jehovah's witness cannot explain what they believe with New Light

by wasblind 13 Replies latest jw friends

• JWB
    JWB

Reminded me of this Bible verse:

"But sanctify the Christ as Lord in YOUR hearts, always ready to make a defense before everyone that demands of YOU a reason for the hope in YOU, but doing so together with a mild temper and deep respect." - 1 Peter 3:15 (NWT)

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

"Its hard to stand firm on shifting sand" Brilliant. I am SO stealing that as my own!

• sseveninches
    sseveninches

It's very true that witnesses don't know what they believe. For example, almost any witness you'll run into is completely unaware of the "overlapping generations" new light...they still think of it the way it was previously.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" You must have had the right questions."

" ( There the eating of blood is equated with idolitry and fornication, things that we should not want to engage in.) "_____Reasoning book page 71

" Similarly, any food to which whole blood, or even some blood fraction has been added should not be eaten."________Reasoning book page 71

" As for the various fractions derived from those components and products that contained such fractions_____the Bible does not comment on these. therefore, each witness makes his own personal decision on such matters."_______August 2006 Awake pages 11-12

" Jehovah's wtinesses base all their beliefs , their standards for conduct, and organizational procedures on the bible, their faith in the bible itself as God's word gives them the conviction that what they have is indeed the truth._________Reasoning book page 203-204

I told him where to look in this book and Mag , then I told him, I would hate to think of the number of people who died prior to the change

and if the Awake mag said the bible did not say anything about fractions, who's opinion ( word ) was it in the reasoning book ?

Trust, he looked this stuff up, that's why he didn't show

he soon found out that I have learned this literature well

Will that make him leave this cult ??? I doubt it, even when it comes a time he no longer believe in it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit