What if they are wrong? What if you are wrong about them?

by Lady Lee 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wasblind
    wasblind

It ought to be a law against destructive cults

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

they are working on it

• caliber
    caliber

I see your point Lady Lee ... the pychological factors in admitting ones whole life was altered by ones belief system is difficult

to confront ; most of us naturally do not want to admitt to have been so mistaken !

Like has been said before "they talk about proud apostates but who is very proud about admitting that

your belief system and whole way of looking at life was wrong ?

So it boils down to pride and your own self-worth versus true facts

P.S. "what if's" can drive a person crazy with regret

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Unable to ask that question, my sister finally succeeding in commiting suicide.....LL

Wow..That is sad..I`m sorry for your loss Lee..

I really don`t think WBT$ supporters care about "What If"..

I`ve heard JW`s say "Even if we`re wrong I`d still be a JW"..

I do see your point,but your a thinker..

Look at the appologists that come here..

The latest WBT$ Child Molestation threads come to mind..

It`s unlikey anyone will get through to them..

Any critical thinking is completely shut down..

The WBT$ must be right,just because..

Period..

............................ ...OUTLAW

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

P.S. "what if's" can drive a person crazy with regret

Only if you don't have the courage to accept the facts.

We may have lost a lot but I think there is something truly noble in being able to accept that you were lied to and in spite of the fears you eventually started asking the hard questions.

Better to see it now than lose another 10 years or 10 months or 10 days

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Sorry hear about your sister Lady Lee.

I get what you are saying. If you can get them to admit the WT is wrong about covering up child abuse, why stop there?

• wasblind
    wasblind

No matter how many times a situation like that is explained, I can never get use to hearin' it

it's like slammin' into a brick wall every single time. And freezes my thoughts

what don't kill you makes you strong, LL should be considered a super woman

• caliber
    caliber
    Then you take all this awareness and information that you have NOW, and beat yourself up because you did not know it THEN. It is totally unfair and unreasonable to take what you know now and use it to beat yourself up for what you didn’t know then.

So that having been said then this is surely true as well

We may have lost a lot but I think there is something truly noble in being able to accept that you were lied to
  • rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

LadyLinda,

Thank you for sharing your personal history. I am very sorry for the pain you have had to deal with and all you have endured.

"What if?"

Those two little words have caused me a lot of grief over the last several months.

I have played that scenario in my head over and over again. Unfortunately, still doing it.

All the questions I have had in recent months: I have doubts. What if I have a lack of faith?

I started to think the WTS was wrong about the blood issue. But what ifthey're right?

I startedto think that the WTS had the wrong date of 607bce instead of all other historical records that date the event in 586/587bce.

I started to think that the date of 1914 then had to also be wrong.

What if they're just a publishing company? A cult?

So what if I am letting my ears be tickled by Satan, I started to think.

So I have been researching and thinking. ( Before becoming a Witness I loved to read and never understood why I no longer had any enjoyment in reading)

Recently I spoke to the one who studied with me who is not in my cong. nor in the same state I live in.

I asked a question about the blood issue. The response was initially OK. But after they thought about it said to me: "Don't THINK about it."!!!!!!!!

I have been to so many on-line sites about JW's- some pro some con.

When I found myself at the library asking in hushed tones:"Do you have any books on cults?. JW's.? R Franz?.etc"

Same in the local bookstore: "Do you have "Crisis of Conscience and ......? Please don't repeat the name back to me. wrote it out on paper. Please take the paper."

All the while I was looking around the store like I was doing something criminal. Worried that someone I knew from the KH might see me.

I am THINKING for the 1st time in 2 DECADES!!!!

I hope that I will be able to be as courageous as so many of you have been. I haven;t anything to show for the lost years. And I want to make the right decision without being fearful.

I do not want to continue to play the "What if" game.

I want to be fully satisfied with my decision . No stone unturned. Since I made such a life-altering major decision with my whole heart soul and mind that it was THE TRUTH and now believe I WAS WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Still awaiting my books- should get them next week.)

RVW

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Sorry I meant Lady LEE!!!

Also didn't mean to have the entire post in BOLD!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit