UK law changed to allow prosecution of those who stay silent over child abuse

by MMXIV 15 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

This is an fantastic step forward.

Child abusers seem to gravitate towards groups that have a vested interest in keeping occurances quiet for the sake of PR. It's nice to see a country shine a massive spotlight on this activity and make consequences for those that would protect corporate/religious interests over the safety of a child.

I hope other nations take a queue from this as well.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

now we need other countries to adopt the same kind of laws

• chichimama_2
    chichimama_2

Great news. I agree with Lady Lee, We need the whole world o adopt these kinds of laws.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Do you think the Islamic world would ever adopt such laws?

• Nambo
    Nambo

One of the Policeman I was friendly with at work, became quite angry when he heard how my stepfather had phsically and emotionally abused me back in the 60s and 70s, he seriously wanted to persue a prosecution which made me wish I hadnt told him so much.

I convinced him that it wouldnt change the damage done to me and that I didnt want to upset my Mother who still is married to him and is now quite old.

Now Iam definatly not going to seek any sort of justice over what happened to me as a child, knowing my Mother would also be put in prison for the rest of her life, as she was to afraid to even look my way whist my stepfather would be smashing his fists into each side of my head and kicking me in the stomach.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    Now Iam definatly not going to seek any sort of justice over what happened to me as a child, knowing my Mother would also be put in prison for the rest of her life, as she was to afraid to even look my way whist my stepfather would be smashing his fists into each side of my head and kicking me in the stomach.

She couldn't be prosecuted, because the new law wasn't in place when the crimes against you happened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit