Credit card machines at district conventions

by OneDayillBeFree 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

Ok, so I have to ask. Why is there a locked box over the stupid thing. Do you have to be vetted before you can use the machine? Are only certain people allowed, say people without cash? Do they make you pay before you use the machine?

What I find extremely disturbing is the fact the the WTBTS rails against credit card use and being a horse for the credit card companies, but now they are promoting the use. I could see saying debit cards only but CC as well, simple amazing.

• donuthole
    donuthole

Run lots of .25 donations and let the sink under the CC trasmittal fees. mwahahahahhahahaha.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Whats was so wrong with their already in place money cultivating procedures, most of their larger branches like in the US, Canada, UK

have posted huge million dollar surpluses ?

Add the addition of the organization selling off many branches abroad . $$$

Sure looks like the organization is objectively trying to get the most money they can and close the Watchtower doors for good,

perhaps morphing into another religion complete with new doctrines, a new identity and format.

• peter1brown
    peter1brown

There is nothing bad in usage of credit cards. Infect it is beneficial for both merchants and customers as payment is flexible now with the use of credit card payments.

<!-- BODY,DIV,TABLE,THEAD,TBODY,TFOOT,TR,TH,TD,P { font-family:"Calibri"; font-size:x-small } -->

Card Machine
  • cofty
    cofty

Welcome to the forum peter. Nobody is saying there is anything wrong with credit cards when used responsibly.

The thread is about the hypocrisy of the scoiety who have frequently condemned cards and are now encouraging people to use credit to make donations. They have also reported negatively on churches

using credit cards in a similar way. When I was a JW, if you had told me the day would come when we would see credit card machines at assemblies I would not have believed it possible.

Geedy bastards.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

A Bible verse the WTBTS should pay more attention to. Psalms 119:36: 'Incline my heart to your reminders, and not to profits.'

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

The reason they are locked is so nobody would run away with them. You can revert payments (put money on the CC) with these boxes as well. I have the manual for these instruments somewhere as well as the letters to BOE that announced these things - apostates last year had the letters and manuals well before any dub was aware of them being there.

It wouldn't surprise me if the pin code for a lot of these machines are still 5494 (JHWH, cheesy as hell) which is also the alarm code for some/most Kingdom Halls.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Does anyone remember Jesus chasing out the money lenders in the Temple? A very apropos lesson.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit