Bangalore

Happy birthday,DLL.

Bangalore

• Fernando
    Fernando

Happy birthday Disillusioned Lost-Lamb!

• Honeybadger
    Honeybadger

I think birthdays are very important (now).

Happy birthday! :)

• wasblind
    wasblind

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!!!!

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Birthdays are important! It's great to acknowledge "your" day. It's great to get spoilt by others. It's great to have a reason to have fun.

Some years I go large - every 3 years. Other years it's a quite affai - but I get to choose how I want to CELEBRATE it. Next year it's a big one - still got to think of a theme.

So happy happy birthday - have an absolute blast.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Birthdays are very important, especially to children. They remind them that such are important, and the celebration provides a break from the daily grind. Getting presents and having a party all mark each year as different from others. And, the 16th birthday usually comes with their drivers license. Their 18th birthday usually marks them as adults, and they can drink legally at 21.

And other holidays are very important. The patriotic ones are not as important, as they vary from country to country (who celebrates July 4 in Australia, or ANZAC Day in Canada or the United Tyranny of Stupidity?). The original religious holidays were Candlemas (around February 2), Ashtar (on the vernal equinox, close to Easter), Beltane (April 30, close to May Day), the Summer Solstice, Lammas Day, the Autumnal Equinox, Halloween, and Yule/Christmas (it was called Yule and celebrated much as we do now before Christ). I believe that we should all celebrate each and every one of these, to the best of our ability, each year. That places the holidays pretty much evenly spaced throughout the year, about 6 1/2 weeks between.

Less generally important (because they only appeal to specific groups) include Aid al Fitr, Yom Kippur, Hanukkah, and other specific Jewish or Muslim holidays. For those who are members of these groups and identify with them, they are as important as our Christmas and Easter. However, to the average person with no religious affiliation, more people identify with the 8 seasonal holidays or their nearest counterparts than any other group of holidays aside their own birthdays or those of people they are close to.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Thanks everybody!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit