Penn just tweeted about Sparlock

by blond-moment 33 Replies latest jw friends

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

...and in the end it won't matter a lick to the faithful. I swear they could DF Jehovah himself and it wouldn't rattle the truly faithful.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

UnConfused:

I swear they could DF Jehovah himself and it wouldn't rattle the truly faithful.

They've come close. From a scripted talk, Beware the Voice of Strangers from district conventions in 2003:

So friends, hypothetically, and I repeat, hypothetically, even if an angel were to come down here and land on this platform, today, at this moment, and to present something to us that didn't fit into the pattern of truth, what should we be ready to do? We should be ready to say, " Hold on there, that doesn't fit into the pattern, and I am not going to listen to it!" Yes, even if it were one of Jehovah's angels.
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Wow, that was funny-the devoted defender of all that is 'truly' JW. Must be a disgruntled member-indeed. I bet Anthony Morris or whoever is a pretty disgruntled person. He looks very disgruntled to me-how bout you all?

My mom is going to the convention this weekend in Tacoma. Driving some older ladies in each day. I wonder if she will watch the video at all-she is in her 60's and none of her grandkids are JW. OTOH, I imagine she will want to keep it around to 'teach' them (in a fun and OH so entertaining way, of course) about obeying Jehovah. Because my siblings havent already nearly eliminated her contact with their children because of her interferance and 'witnessing' to the kids. She thinks she is ever so subtle, but seriously, the sparlock videos are masterfully subtle in ocmparison to mom, bless her heart!!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Way cool!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit