Not exactly breaking news, but...how can the posters on JWTalk.net be so obtuse?

by sir82 18 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

On JWTalk.net, the JW apologists are all over the Conti case, about how "dumb" the jury was, how it is certain to be overturned on appeal, how Jehovah will vindicate his name, blah blah blah.

Meanwhile, on another thread about the Sandusky verdict, you will find these comments:

So sad that it took all this time and ruined those young boys lives. But what about the school officials, didn't they have a responsibility to report this to the authorities??
    Even if the school officials took it to the police, I am sure it would have been swept under the rug as well. I can only speculate what I would have done if it happened to my 2 boys. Tsk tsk tsk... Least he would have had the hope for resurrection.
    But what about the people who knew about it and did nothing? At least one of the coaches saw it and only reported it to another coach, and from the stories ive heard in the news it seems in this case impossible that his wife did not know. Anyone who covered it up belongs in jail with him.

Wait a minute...is't that exactly the froogin' point about the Conti case? That people who know of abuse should protect children? The elders and the WTS knew a child molester was loose in the congregation, said nothing, and guess what? He molested again!

I know most JWs aren't exactly the sharpest tools in the shed, but really? Really?

It's just so over the top, it makes me wonder if there are some very very subtle apostates who have sneaked in under the radar over there...

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Good point. JWs have two sets of standards, one for themselves and another for everyone else. This is so obvious and one more sign that the "religion" known as JW is really just a CULT

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

" It's just so over the top, it makes me wonder if there are some very very subtle apostates who have sneaked in under the radar over there..."

00Dad said what I believe. Two sets of standards and cult mentality.

I've heard so many attack the RCC or any other organization openly and vehemently, yet when it's a case against the WTBTS, they're eyes glaze over and they parrot some company line about how they're under attack by Satan.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Total 100% conditioning. US vs THEM.

Or what Sir said, super stealth apostates who throw over-the-top statements out there with the hope that a slumbering JW might just have that little light bulb pop on upstairs.

• carla
    carla

Do these jw's realize that there have been a few articles that have them lumped in with the Sandusky scandal? (in the minds of non jw's anyway, they are mentioned in the same article, not that the Sandusky trial has anything to do with jw's just the pedophilia and $ paid out)

• blondie
    blondie

Having posted on quasii-jw sites, that type of jw has already stepped out of the WTS directives but they still tend to reflect what they think the WTS would want them to say since they don't know who will be reading it. Does it then truly reflect their honest opinion. I can remember jws loudly advocating pioneering who had never pioneered; or people who would decry associating with df'd family who just got off their weekly phone call to their df'd son. It is safe to criticize non-jws but not jws openly.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Confirmation bias, my friend. All the Jdubs have a vested interest in defending their organization so they will find a way to find fault with the judge, jury etc.

Nobody wants to defend Sandusky which is why we have such reasonable comments on his thread

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

If Jah will vindicate his name in the near future, why didn't he just "sway" the jury the first time?

I mean is it better for JWs that this made the courts and media and then get overturned in the future after the damage is already done OR just keep it out of the media to begin with?

Jah,.. if your listening, Holy Spirit is still on break!!

NJY

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

This cult sucks the humanity out of people.

Bangalore

• designs
    designs

'protect the church at all cost'....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit