Are there strategies for attending a DC while DF?

by GeneM 24 Replies latest jw friends

• GeneM
    GeneM

My 19 yr/old little brother who just got DF'd a couple weeks ago is being forced to attend the DC by my family he still lives with. Anyone have experience with this that might have creative advise? He is very social and this is going to break his heart.

BTW I am telling him to get me a copy of the Sparlock video... :)

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

1) He can call anyone during the convention breaks even during the convention.

2) He can walk around as much as he wants during the convention to pass the time.

3) He should be looking for a hot looking df'd chick. They might have something in common. You just never know. If he gets that lucky, the time will go by fast.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Tell him to bring binoculars to look for lonely df'd chick sitting by herself.

• Quendi
    Quendi

If he has a tablet computer and/or smartphone, he can use them to pleasantly occupy his time. Also, let him share his status with others he meets, particularly if his parents are around. They'll get the idea that maybe it wasn't a good idea to force his attendance since it's plain he doesn't want to be there.

After I got DF'd I refused to go to any large Witness gathering and even boycotted the book study after a while. Running a steeplechase to avoid contact with other people simply wasn't worth my time and trouble. Your parents should have realized this as well, but clearly are making your brother attend merely for appearance's sake. What a shame! But he can get a small measure of revenge by telling everyone that he can't talk to him because he's DF'd and would be in violation of policy. Other than that, he can't be made to pay attention to the boring and pointless talks so if he has any mobile devices, let him use them during the program.

Quendi

• flipper
    flipper

" Are there strategies for attending a DC while DF ? " Yeah, there is, DON'T attend

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Have him sit in a very isolated area but within the eyesight of his parents. Just an idea.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Well I did play pool during the convention to pass the time several times.

• Quendi
    Quendi

Well, I wouldn't attend either, flipper, but the young man is being forced to by his parents. That's why I recommended a counter-attack strategy of putting his parents on the hot seat by telling everyone that he's DF'd. When he isn't around others, he can then fall back on his mobile device for entertainment--the same thing that many other Witness kids will doubtless be doing. LOL

Quendi

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Gene, let him live with you.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Besides following JWN on his smartphone during the crapvention, he can: sleep, read non-JW stuff, eat (you're not supposed to eat during the program, but what are they gonna do, df him some more?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit