Life After Death: Deepak Chropra

by frankiespeakin 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Yep, Cofty. That about sums it up, and some people lap it up.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Deepak Chopra is full of crap. He's nothing but a snake oil salesman.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

When i first left the dubs, a couple of his books were groundbreaking for me. They opened up my mind like nothing ever had before, it just blew me away.

Now he just spouts a bunch of Hooey. Haha, kinda shows how shut up my mind was being raised a dub that his stuff seemed so incredible awesome.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

following John David Ebert at the moment and he has interviewed Deepak Chopra. happy trails.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

As an example of his quackery, he claims in the video in an absolutist kind of way that death is 'good' (in invalid moral judgement on an amoral biological process), and he provided an 'example' that cancer is 'cells that forget how to die', which is a gross over-simplification.

From the perspecive of people living healthy happy lives, cells that divide improperly (e.g. cancer) are a 'bad' thing. But chromosomes that didn't have shortening telomeres, in order to prevent successive decay of replacement cells (aka, ageing) would be a very 'good' thing.

He also claims he's 'looking forward to death', but really he's just looking forward to his next book launch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit