Do you think he was innocent?

by silentlambs 20 Replies latest jw friends

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

I don't think the little girl would have gone to the courtroom to hear the verdict and sat there and bawled at the not guilty if she wasn't telling the truth.

And the arrogant comment about not being able to believe how anyone could arrest a JW. BARF! He should go visit my one time "friend" Steve Morales, a ministerial servant on his way up who was convicted of serial rape here in California not too long ago.

Then there are also the Aguilars also of Chino - two brothers who have been in jail for 10 years now for many crimes ranging from fraud to rape to murder.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire
    They are the witnesses or evidence, more than enough. Question is why he got off.

Anew, I think you have hit the nail on the head with this point. According to the Watchtower Society's version of "justice" three witnesses is PLENTY OF EVIDENCE TO DF SOMEONE!!!

Of course, when it comes to child molestation, they have to be witnesses to the SAME INCIDENT. Convenient, isn't it.

Three witnesses is enough evidence to anything if the elders want to get you out. But if you're one of the good-ole-boys who just happens to be fondling little kids privates, well then that's what's called a LOOPHOLE.

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

Based on that comprehensive case summary, I'm convinced beyond a reasonable doubt of his guilt. That's why we need military tribunals instead of juries. We could have summarily executed this defendant on less information than you provided!

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Fortunately Bluesapphire, the real world does not operate with such foolishg uidelines. Most of the time anyways. Was he guilty?? I don't know. We have no info, that's the point. The people who HAD the info decided he was not. That will have to be good enough for you.

• sleepy
    sleepy

Abaddon.

Enjoyed your good reasoning.
    Thats just like how I see these matters.

• teejay
    teejay

I'm presently very aware of a current accusation of abuse among people very close to me personally. The accusation supposedly originated with a two year old but was somehow elicited from him by his mother – a woman who's behavior (before and since the allegation) has been very odd, to say the least.

What I've always known and what this current charge strongly demonstrates for me is that accusations mean nothing. Reading a press report of an accused person's release in no way means that a guilty person has been set free. Not all people accused of pedophilia (or murder, or thievery, or fornication, or any other offense) are guilty.

Sometimes in this world innocent people are falsely accused by those with a sick agenda and court proceedings do what they were meant to do – set the innocent free.

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Unfortunately, people like Anewperson exist, that are so blinded by their own agendas and bias that they are oblivious to anything that does not confirm their own conclusions.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

There is no way anyone here can conclude if this man, Cruz, is innocent of the charges brought against him. We know that a jury did not hear enough to convince them of his guilt. At least authorities were notified of the allegations and had an opportunity to investigate the matter. Unless there was mishandling by the police and/or prosecutors, in this case society had the fullest protection of law working in its favor. Who can ask for more?

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Naeblis, I don't agree with imprisoning someone without proving the guilt without a reasonable doubt. I was disgusted with the arrogance of the "brother" in implying that JWs are beyond reprehension. I'm sure even you agree that is not at all true.

You're right, the "real world" has much better and LESS FOOLISH guidelines than the borg. Unfortunately, Mr. Cruz and his family are blind to the fact that "Satan's system" is much less foolish than their own "theocratic" one. In their own theocratic system and for another crime/sin (other than pedophilia because of the three witnesses rule) he might have been convicted and thrown out of the organization in a heartbeat.

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

I wasn't commenting on his arrogance. Of course his assertion that he was surprised anyone would jail a witness is ridiculous. And whether or not the society would have condemned him is irrelevant to the case. All I was saying is that from the information that we were provided, it is impossible to determine guilt. We shouldn't be so willing to leave our minds at the door and condemn someone with no proof, simply because they are part of a group of people we don't like.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit