I visited relatives who are non JW and they see I have made a positive change since leaving the Borg:)

by andys 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• andys
    andys

I am over here in South Dakota on vacation, the last time I saw all my relatives was during my grandmothers funeral which was about 2 years ago, during that time I was still in the borg, yesterday I was visiting all my non JW relatives and they were all shocked that I have changed in a positive way and they all know that I have left the borg, my aunt told me I am alot more happier and have alot more self confidence, I still have family members in the borg my 2 brothers and sister and parents who all shun me on a certain level and also I told all my relatives what i have gone through after leaving, I told them about the shunning, during Christmas I called my dad and I was told that I am not allowed over at their house and my dad hung up the phone and didn't even say goodbye also at the time my roommate was listening to the conversation since I had my speakerphone on and she was very shocked about the shunning.

I want to say thankyou to all the people who have helped me mentally out of the borg, all the youtube videos that people have made, plus JWN, if it was not for the internet I would have still been in the borg, I have to say the internet is one of the most greatest thats how I did all my research and totally clearing out my mind, also now I have some new skills, I have learned how to do critical thinking, plus also have learned so much more about the world around me, because I slightly suffer from a form of autism I have been able to work at that more and now understand so much more about people around me and also have made alot of new friends:)

• snowbird
    snowbird

Good for you!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

That sounds great Andys.

I wonder if your relatives could guilt your JW family into stopping behaving like arses? Anything is worth a try.

• jam
    jam

Happy for you: When I got out(borg) and my family and freinds

realize I had left, the first question they would ask, How in the

hell did you get involve in that religion (not born in). I guess A case of brain

deadness.

• zoiks
    zoiks

Good for you, Andys. I think that a conscious exit from this religion often results in a person leading a much more deliberate life, with all the good things that go along with that. A non-JW friend who was there for me during my exit told me, "It has been such a pleasure watching you learn how to live."

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Great news Andy, be happy

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

What a wonderful experience. That really should get published in Awake!

• andys
    andys

And to Black Sheep I think my relatives will guilt trip my JW family for shunning me because in the past they have guilt tripped my parents about the religion before my grandmother passed away she told my dad that the JW religion was having a bad effect and when I got out of the borg I fully understood what my grandmother could see, I was able to pinpoint how much psycologocal problems the religion casued me, overall now I am focusing on getting healed and overall feel 100% better:)

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You could get them to send a card/whatever and include how well you are doing

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Nice to hear a good-news story for a change!

Good for you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit