BIG NEWS: It is be possible to prosecute the Governing Body! or the local elders!!

by avatar 10 Replies latest jw friends

Go after them and prosecute them - there is a new precedent that was read today!

PHILADELPHIA – A Roman Catholic church official was convicted Friday of child endangerment but acquitted of conspiracy in a groundbreaking clergy-abuse trial, becoming the first U.S. church official convicted of a crime for mishandling abuse claims

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/22/jury-reaches-verdict-in-pennsylvania-priest-abuse-trial/#ixzz1yZDn1v3r

LOOK OUT BOYS WE ARE COMING AFTER YOU!!!!!!!

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Avatar: I whole heartedly agree. If I were an elder right now I would be sh**ing my pants. Now is the time to exit this horrible SATANIC CULT. if they think this is Gods organization they are demented. Child abusers and their protectors who hide them have no sympathy from me or other people who love justice.

May the chips fall where they may. Look out WB&TS we are waiting for your downfall.

Kojack

• shamus100
    shamus100

YES!!! :D :D :D

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

IF the PA conviction is upheld (an appellate court may reverse the jury verdict), it will bring massive change. Not only will they say goodbye to tangible assets but the GB and elders could sit in prison. There are notice problems now, however. One of the reasons the Philly jury was deadlocked for so long as that the cardinal was not charged. They felt bad about finding a midlevel guy guity when the cardinal walked.

CA is often viewed as a outier but PA is a traditional, important state. Other states may follow the PA example. Change is certainly coming. I would feel better if there were clear mandatory reporting laws and then throw the culprits in prison.

Only a short while ago, children were believed to be unreliable and made up these stories. Research has proven that view wrong. PBS interviewed a psychologist who works for the Catholic Bishops Conference. He was talking about the year the bishops changed their policy. I noticed he did not seem the least bit sympathetic to the convicted priest.

• neverscreamagain
    neverscreamagain

I think that it being a criminal case is the pertinant feature of this. Many similarities with this case and the Conti case. This case couldn't have culminated at a better time, the 2 cases seem to go hand in hand.

Let's see if the Watchtower files a brief in opposition to verdict, or friend of the court? Edited- Can this be done if case is Appealed?

Any elder who has ever been involved hiding an abuser or on a child abuse JC should really be looking out for what could happen next.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

OH boy time for me to start re-contacting all the parents of JW abuse victims within 100 miles...a little birdie suggested to me...

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

This is HUGE. Sometimes, things will lose on appeal the first time. But, I think that this is where the law is headed. It's got to make the elders think.

But sadly, if the WTS spins this right, they will keep the elders....especially those who are drones or there for power. "JWs been through persecution before. JWs been in Nazi camps. What's the big deal for going to jail for what you believe in - the Bible. The 2 elder rule is based on the Bible. We are here to defend the Bible and Jehovah. ..."

I agree if the PA verdict is upheld then the elders and the COs and the ZOs and the bethel elders become fair game.

Can you smell the blood in the water?

It doesn't matter if the WT leaders remain immune (OK it does) but who in their right mind would ever chance becoming an elder again?

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hmmm, I think I will be writing an anonynmous email to some elders and other JWs soon. How about, "Is the Apocalypse Starting" for a subject line? Hopefully, feeding a JWs' persecution complex might let a little doubt in.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit