Public Apology!

by purplesofa 15 Replies latest jw friends

• tornapart
    tornapart

This was the whole thing.. if anyone is interested. I thought it very moving.. :)

http://www.buzzfeed.com/expresident/pictures-that-will-restore-your-faith-in-humanity?sub=1627910_374813

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Now, I'm sorry! I have a friend that is actually from Chicago (where this pic was taken) that is in SF for Gay Pride Week and she posted this on

her FB page today, so I totally assumed it was current from SF!!!!!

It does not take away from the pic though, does it? or the sentiment?

Thanks tornapart for setting that straight!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qah3APc7kXg

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I saw that. It is a wonderful way to apologize.

I had typed out an explanation for why St. Mark's Episcopal Church in Grand Rapids, MI flies the Rainbow Coalition flag. My screen froze though and I lost the comment. It is a response to hate mail sent to Reverend Valerie Ambrose, the priest there at the time, who is gay. She is also my friend. You can see the flag if you look to the right of the entry way. This is one of the oldest buildings in Grand Rapids. It is a very prominent and beloved landmark in the city.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Oh how I wish someone would sue the $ociety, not for a large cash amount, but for ten bucks and a public apology. State that along with the $10 awarded to you, the apology would have to be printed in the watchtower for no less than one full year, be signed by all the GB and be a full page; in addition to this the same letter would have to be sent as a press release to all news media outlets and be printed in all major news papers (on their dime).

I know this will never happen but I have BIG dreams.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Lamb

thanks for sharing FHN! and thanks for the info on the pic tornapart!

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Im sorry for the way I treated my fellow humans who happened to be gay..........Im ashamed, but will never be that person again. Thanks for the great pics folks......made me smile on a sad and lonely day

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit