Letter from elders to WT about Jonathan Kendrick and the WT response

by wolfman85 44 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

I was going to make the same point Midwich, it seems the proceedure was only necessary because the deed was known of outside the family!

• jemba
    jemba

Yes Nugget and Midwich said what I was thinking.

They werent interested in the welfare of the step daughter or other people in the cong.

They chose to see it as 'uncleaness' and not what it really was... 'child abuse'.

It was only being dealt with by removing his postion because it was 'out'. Not because he was showing signs of being a filthy pedophile.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Another quick point about those letters being for real.

One of the court depositions referred to Kendrick's "conscious" bothering him. I thought, surely the court reporter would have known how to spell "conscience" - maybe it's a direct quote from somewhere?

Sure enough, there it is in the elders' letter - "conscious."

The rest of the contents of the letters are consistent with the procedure outlined in the 1991 Flock book.

I also noticed the reason why he was deleted as a MS - his conduct was known outside the family. So if nobody outside the family knew about it, he could have continued serving? Worrying. If it had been any other one-off misdemeanor, maybe that would have been an appropriate action, but this ...?

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

The letters were provided in a blog in Spanish called "El lado comico de la Watchtower". So far it has been a very reliable blog. I do not know the reason they have not used letterhead.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Notice that "As the icident was widely known" it wd be appropriate to delete him.

What if nobody else had been told?

Sorry, just read p.2 and cuckoo's comment. I think he is right- the Witchtower policy is that "no KNOWN child abuser" can have congregation "privileges".

HB

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Whoops, double post. Sorry.

• DT
    DT

These letters really highlight the culpability of the Society. A man admits to child abuse yet there is no judicial committee or action to notify the police, child services or other parents. They just tell him to stop while allowing him to continue to be in situations where he will be tempted. I wish some of the Watchtower apologists would read those letters.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Where did these come from? If those are genuine letters where is the WT Letterhead?

That being said, it's no doubt because of damning letters like this that the WTBTS has gone to a policy of "put nothing of a judicial nature in writing".

CYA mofos

• Cacky
    Cacky

Wow! They don't care that it is child molestation! They act as if it occurred between two cosenting adults!

• life is to short

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit