First potential relationship since leaving WT, and I've been well screwed over.

by ronweasley 20 Replies latest social relationships

• ronweasley
    ronweasley

Hi all I'm new to this, I joined because from what I can see this is the best ex JW forum out there.

Anyway I'm male, 20, live in UK and left the WTBTS after 2 years of being a student.

There was this girl called Natalya and she has really took me on one hell of a ride. She was very helpful in my exit, because she often had debates with me and tried again and again to help me see sense. Well, she did, although I did much of this myself. Anyway we dated before I found the ‘truth’ and to be honest, I never really stopped having these feelings for her even though we fell out a few times. Last year when I was still in the sect we used to play pool (billiards) together at the pub and people made observations that we would be very good together etc, and would possibly get married. Well I confessed my feelings for her earlier in December and she claimed she feels the same way, but we agreed that we have very different values and that it couldn’t possibly work out. Well, next week we had an argument about something silly and she then said she only told me she feels the same way to spare my feelings. Yes, I was gutted alright.

Fast forward a month and we’re talking again, and she accompanies me to a meeting. Great! I thought. We could be baptised together then get married. It wasn’t to be, she went to only two meetings and quit. Fast forward even further and I’ve left the borg. Now she wants to see me every day to the extent that she even used to phone me up to beg me to come meet her and walk inconvenient distances to see her. Nine times out of ten I put my foot down and said no. Well, it was her birthday two days ago and got her quite an expensive present (for someone with only a part time job). She begs me to go to a house party, I go..but it didn;t really go well and we hardly connected, she got on much better with another guy who was a bit more confident than I am.

The next day Natalya and I, as well as the other people who went bowling including another lad whom I’d been introduced to before went ten pin bowling. Natalya and I connected quite well this time, but not as well as her and the other guy, so I began to realise at this point that its pretty much game over. This analogy was confirmed when my new friend, ‘Cedric’ told me that Natalya and that new mystery guy slept in the same bed last night. DAMN! And to cop it all of she ignored my message asking if she liked her present the next day. I don’t think she did because it was a cup with a message telling her she’s gorgeous. I only wanted to make her feel special! Oh and it gets worse, she didn’t even thank me. The hope of a relationship with her, and possibly the friendship is over.

The reason I think she screwed me over is because she had me wrapped round her little finger, right? So what can I do? I’m so confused, depressed and feeling almost suicidal. I just can’t believe this could happen to me.. I had relationships before all of this and I will admit, a couple of them were something special. But this..this was the big one. I’d never quite felt this way before, it was a more intense kind of love.

Anyhow, sorry to bore you all, but I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions, because I think some of you may have been through something similar?

All suggestions and comments welcome.

Thank you all!

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Most people don't realise that all the pain, anguish and anger(?) that the body provides upon exiting a relationship is natures way of making you utterly awesome. Right now you have the critical energy to blast away neurons and feelings that your body has invested a long time building. Many people misunderstand this energy and use it to damage themselves as some kind of punishment (some even start to feel worthless, even suicidal - a bit like a nuclear technician sitting on a pile of energy and trying to make it blow up instead of using it to do epic sh!t). Nature is gifting you massive opportunity, rage power and the ability to build a new you based upon learnt lessons. Embrace it, get up, go to the gym, pump iron till it frakkin hurts and you feel awesome, go jogging, get onto a healthy eating diet, chuck out all the sentimental claptrap and yell to the stars how grateful you are that you didn't spend a wasted lifetime in a cult and you have a lifetime of experiences and relationships ahead of you. Stop analysising, stop wasting energy (it won't be there forever), make some positive lifestyle changes, be grateful , pumped and determined. Man up, smile, kick yourself in the butt and grab now.

• ronweasley
    ronweasley

Thank you! :) That could change my life you know :) Because I also thought to myself that I was going to, from now on consider failiure as an option :)

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Been there, done that, and bought the tee-shirt.

Welcome to some really cool rush of feelings then the crash and burn. Personally, I would ignore her, and move on. Sometimes this makes her realize that you have another life also. She could have been toying with your feelings by visiting with the other guy, trying to get you jealous, but if she indeed did sleep with him, that is going a bit too far to create jealous feelings from you. Other thoughts, she may asked you to go to the party so that she didn't go alone and look desperate.

Just keep stepping up to the plate and you will find the right one.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Welcome to the forum Ron...Don't have much in the way of advice for you...not from a guys perspective anyway...since I'm not a guy.

But you know the old saying plenty more fish in the sea...trust me on this. At your age there are. As heartbroken as you feel right now. You will meet someone else...the chances are pretty high.

I like Q's advice...(it also made me laugh)....go get yourself looking like a hunk of spunk at the gym, and more importantly...do it for you.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Once having left the "box" or prison that is the Watchtower we start seeing a much bigger picture from a much better perspective.

It will get better, and quite possibly one day you might be able to laugh about the past.

And getting out at age 20 - well you have a massive headstart in life that millions of others trapped in the Watchtower never had or never will.

You will change and improve a lot over the next 5 years. The more you improve, the better partner you will attract and be compatible with.

What about a small celebration of your future to lift your spirits?

• Fernando
    Fernando

BTW, welcome to JWN ronweasley.

May you enjoy your stay and make some fine friends.

Quite a mixed bag here though - it may be good to take it easy, until you know who is who and who's company you prefer, and so on...

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Need to also say - the sentiments are from a post (reddit I love you) I read a while back. I can't claim them.

• TheWonderofYou
  • TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

that was the false button, sorry.

Believe in yourself and your talents .You're wonderful anyway: look, so

honest and correct and 20.

She is so nice and you remember her often, i know,

think of her always positive but do not hold her any longer, respect her

give to her the present of freedom, as if she would be a butterfly, which must not be catched,

cause she has the right to date others, just as you. Life is so beautiful.

Thats the second time that I am posting here.

BTW what are you studying and what are your future plans ?

Best wishes from me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit