Plentyoffish

by sspo 24 Replies latest social relationships

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

I have to say that I think a majority were just looking to hook up or have a fling. I have found that many of the men I am encountering are unemployed or staying with a friend or family till they get back on their feet. I have my own home and not looking for a moocher that's for sure. There must be a few hiding there but I signed off last month never to return.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

The point is there are ---- plenty of fish. Don't hook up with some one who is so obviously out of sinc with you and your feelings. I think that many years of conditioning in the borg mean we are too trusting. Develop a healthy scepticism but keep you eyes open. When the right opportunity comes, recognise it, ride it and be ready to at least take some emotional risk.

Its like investing your savings, you have to evaluate your attitude to risk and weigh up what you can gain and lose. Good luck!.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I don't like it when men ask for my phone number right away on-line. I don't know who they are and they could find my address once they have my phone number,it's scary.

I have meant some really nice guys on-line,and even though,none worked out romantically,I have made some really good friends.

But,on the other hand,I was talking with one man on-line,and he did raise a lot of red flags for me. I googled his name,convicted sex offender.

I may have been raised a Witness,but I am not totally naive and it's better to be safe than sorry. I don't think it's a crime not to rush into things. The decent guys understand and are cool about it.

I started on-line dating,since when I first was fading,I couldn't date non-Witness men in the open. And there were a lot of things I held back at first. Someone just asked me about how my Christmas was,sent me in a panic. But,now,I'm getting better at it. And it was probably all good practice to meet people,especially men,in "real" life.

On-line dating used to have a bit of a stigma attached to it. But,not anymore,it's not how you meet someone,but how you handle the rest of the relationship that matters.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

If we rush into it before having a chance to heal from the JW mind control and emotional abuse, our need for acceptance and unconditional love can interfere with our good judgement.

Amen to that. I was on POF for awhile and got scammed by one guy to the tune of $400. Boy, did I feel stupid. I was just plain naive.

I've been on a bunch of different dating sites and have met my share of creeps, some who masturbated to the sound of my voice while I was on the phone with them. I'm 53 and pretty much in despair of meeting anyone "normal."

http://scottleblog.wordpress.com

The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses

• 00DAD
    00DAD

cobaltcupcake: I'm 53 and pretty much in despair of meeting anyone "normal."

I tried normal once, didn't like it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit