Update: I'M HAVING A BABY!! Yay! but...

by lil.lady.03 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• FadeToGrey
    FadeToGrey

congratulations lil.lady

I like you do not post much, just read alot here. My wife & I had been in the False! For most of our lives, waiting for this promised new system to come. Shes Diabetic and we thought it would make more sence to start a family on the other side of Armageddon!

When we found out its all BULLSHIT. We started to worrie about living our lives out with just us too.

So i said we have to have a Baby. We were terrified as we spent so much time with just ourselves to worrie about.

But looking at all the childless pioneers and such in our old Cong.

It was not a good future to behold.

So when i look at it all the good people on the forum played a part in bringing our wonderfull Son Logan into the world. As they opened my eyes to the Wt bullshit it is.

He is now 6 months old and is the best thing we ever did. The 1st 3 months where very hard though. But it is much better as u get all the bub stuff down pat!

He is a buetiful bub makes me cry with joy when he plays with me after work.

We are going to show him so much stuff and teach him best we can. The bugga already love dads ipad en iphone. LOL

The Watchtower said dont have kids in this system they will never go to school or uni or grow up what a bloody lie.

Oh i got pics of him with a blue hoodie on and a swear he is baby Sparlock!! Hehe

So you have much joy to look forward too!!

• FadeToGrey
    FadeToGrey

Hmm iphone screwed up the font size Doh!!

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

I wish you and your fiance that your dreams will come true. How exciting...this friday will be.

And as you know - anyway - the pregnancy is beautiful.

Think of speaking with the baby and that it can hear you, feel your love, kindness

or singing for it your favourite songs. (We sang for our daughter the hits of

vengaboys like "We're going to ibiza", and my wife danced much time, that was already 12 years ago.

And our daughter has become very music-loving, this weekend she will perform as actor in a "musical".)

Now it is time to be mother, the most important is now your child, this is the closest connection between

mother and your baby, only now you have this godly present , this wonder in your own body.

It will love you if it feels your love, whatever you will do else.

[[Theological argument: your love is the same love that God gives him or her, the mercy and joy you will feel,

will give your baby the emotional stability and positive approach to life, i remember the words of jesus,

'whatever you do to your neigbour you do it to me' - or god -, and how much more this must be true

for the relationship between parent and child - what a special responsibility and order, you can take part in the

creation work of Jesus, mirroring his love to the world. I]]

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Congratulations, lil lady!

Don't worry about a thing. Boy or girl, you're going to be totally delighted whichever it is as soon as he or she is here!

You're going to have a wonderful time living and learning with your baby. Your child will teach you all you need to know! You'll surround him or her with love.

Make the most of every moment! I've been there many times and whatever happens underlying everything is joy and love. As to what you'll tell about your childhood, well as with everything else, much will be bsorbed in the general day to day conversations and interactions of family life, and apart from that, remember to answer any questions at the level it's asked. Just as a three-year-old asking where he came from doesn't necessarily need a whole biology lesson!

• not bitter
    not bitter

Congratulations.

Trust me, birthdays, Christmas and all the other holidays will more than make up for the happy memories you have of assemblies and the like. When you see your childs little face light up on those occassions it will more than make up for it and you will wonder what you were ever worried about. And the older they get, around 4/5 they get so excited. Its all lovely.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Congratulations! Just relax and enjoy this time. You have plenty of time to think about holidays, etc.

I will offer one opinion, even if I risk sounding old fashioned. You will protect yourself and the baby legally if you get married first. I know that you could not imagine any problems in the future, but I have lived sixty years, and seen and read many times things that I wouldn't have thought possible.

• Cacky
    Cacky

Don't have time to read the other posts, but I'd certainly bone up on all the major holidays, Christmas, even New Year's, Easter and Halloween, then even the smaller ones. Most all families due the Christmas, Easter and Halloween. The others, it varies from family to family. But those holidays bring such joyful memories to a child, that your child will grow up with different and much more joyful memories from those you had. Birthdays are kind of family to family, too. Some always have a huge party for the the whole family. Some just have a cake and give the child a present, that's what my family did, we'd have a cake with candles after supper, made a wish and blew out the candles. But even those memories, of seeing the cake sitting there in anticipation (oh, you need ice cream for the cake, too). Anyway, your child will develop wonderful, joyful memories that you probably can't imagine. My grandkids' belief in Santa is so joyful to see. They truly believe. And these traditions are not necessarily religious, there really was a man, a priest, who in some ancient times, used to leave boxes of clothes, shoes and toys on the doorstep of poor families from time to time in his area, and that's what started the Santa Claus tradition. I believe he usually did it in the winter, when he saw kids without warm enough clothes or shoes. So see, no religious attachment. So what if he was a priest, anyone could have done it and started the same tradition. And I read in ancient times, in Germany, people used to decorate the fir trees during the long dreary winters just to make things seem more cheery, so what's wrong with that? Nothing religious.

Anyway, that's my take on things.

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

Congrats! Children are a blessing. lots of work but theyre worth it!

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Congratulations!

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Congratulations on your future child.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit