Can someone explain who and what a COBE does?

by lost1 19 Replies latest jw friends

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

lost1, what is his standing about the Organization? Is he a doubting JW?

• minimus
    minimus

I doubt this COBE thing.

• lost1
    lost1

Sir82 - Yep got it in one! He was the perfect bf for the first few months, treated me better than anyone else I have known, but as said in my original post got suspicious and did some searching on the internet and found answers. Stupidly I kept it to myself for while longer then started to ask questions. Eventually he did admit but was very blaise about it saying had not been to conventions etc for ages but then found out this was a lie and now I think he has got himself in such a state and all got too much hence the meltdown. Maybe he thought I was going to drop him in. There is other stuff he said but finding it hard to separate truth from lies now.

May not be a jw but have friends/family involved and have seen the devastation it can cause but reading this board has helped me masses to understand bf state of mind. I have told him (in a rash moment) I could drop him in big time and he did agree. At the time I did not mean it but now after finding out more last day or so and way been treated recently I am sorely tempted. Think the word I am looking for is dumped and hoping I keep my mouth shut!

Just as matter of interest Sir82 what do you think in your honest opinion would happen to him??

L1

• lost1
    lost1

Min- Definitely a COBE!

BNM - As he was a born in I just think he wanted to escape for a while. Now he is starting to panic and maybe someone asking few too many questions? Lets say he broke nearly every rule going!! Dont think will ever know for sure.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Lost1 - my simple spider sense is telling me that this guy is NOT an authentic COBE, but that his disturbed sense of what is important caused him to tell you this lie to impress you.

My personal impression is that of a fundamental lack of character.

Needless to say, but my advice is to place him in the porcelain bowl and flush twice.

• lost1
    lost1

James - Great advice! If I ever see him again will definitely do that!! As for the saying to impress me he never admitted that, unable to say how found out but that is one thing that is def 100% true! As for being impressed... let me think about it.... no - dont impress me one bit lol.

• minimus
    minimus

I don't think he's a COBE either. Lost, you mentioned the old term "the Borg". Unless you're pretty familiar with JWs, you wouldn't normally know that.

• lost1
    lost1

Min - am a bit of a trekkie so saw that in another post so got to confess I used it for that reason!

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

A very tasty cut of beef

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

A COBE basically just makes sure the elders keep their shit together.

He's like a floor manager at a department store; in the scheme of things he's just an insignificant speck but because he is technically management he can bark orders and yell at everyone below him without being fired.

From their attitude you wouldn't know it but a COBE is the bottom rung of WTBT$ middle management.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit