I think the Candace Conti story has sunk without trace in the U.K

by Phizzy 11 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

As above, the DM site is not showing it unless you click the link on here or search for C.C no newspaer has reported it to my knowledge, the JW's are so insignificant that the public do not give a s**t in the opinion of journalists.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Sad isn't it. I haven't spoken to any JWs yet about it, but frankly think it's a waste of time. They're used to the 'persecution' (and I think maybe the public are sick of scandal attached to Religion) - it isn't real to them, just more of the World hating them.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Well maybe the UK public need to be reminded that the insignificant jehovah`s witnesses , each and everyone of them go around and knock on their doors , often times the parents are not home for various reasons and the kids are at home alone .If as has been demonstrated in a court of law the congregation are not informed who is a sex offender,what confidence should a householder be that the person who is knocking on their door is not a pedophile. They need to be made aware of that fact.

smiddy

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

too true - no-one cares about JW's in the UK - they are just an odd bunch of people that waste your time. JW's think they're the centre of the universe doing a global ministry and in reality people are indifferent to them, not because of some prophecy, but because JW's are a leaflet distribution cult. They might get some recognition if they at least offered some cheap deals on pizza but sadly their ministry is far less responsive than my local takeaway.

The Candace Conti story is waiting for the next relevant UK JW story to hit the papers and then it will get wide coverage. This won't go away ever - it is now part of JW history - no way the morally corrupt governing body can re-write this history like they did with 1975 or the generation.

mmxiv

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

still, one would think that the largest $$ damages for the crime ever would generate some interest.

Perhaps the papers are all protestant owned and are only interested in smacking the Catholics down?...

oz

• nugget
    nugget

British papers like british stories unless they are about celebrities. It is sad but understandable.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

I wonder what the number of Daily Mails sold was on the day Candaces' story broke?

• cofty
    cofty

Was it in the print edition of the Mail or just online does anybody know?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Only online.

They are just a minor cult. Legends in their own minds. Charlie Manson gets headlined more often than the Dubs.

• Reality79
    Reality79

I think the British papers care more about who Cheryl Cole is banging than the JW fiasco.

The last major JW news story over here to my knowledge was the Emma Gough situation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit