Huffington post comments still going strong on JW Case

by nugget 12 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I made a few comments on the story at HP this weekend, got quite a few likes and some comments, Some Dub named Debra Martinez called herself defending the JWs with her cultish answers but she finally bowed out on Sunday. Realized she couldn't handle "the truth".

• DT
    DT

I made the very first comment on the article. I tried to address some of the expected objections. I think it may have helped for a short period of time.

Now, there are so many comments that I think people are just spouting nonsense without reading what others have said. A few may be willfully ignoring the facts to try to make the Society look better.

We have seen a lot of cognitive dissonance. However, I think it's good that many Witnesses are deeply toubled by this news. They may publicly defend the Society, but there is an internal struggle going on that may have a real effect in the future.

• nugget
    nugget

DT yes I get a sense of the dissonance too it can't be comfortable reading and some of their analogies are poor at best.

Cheerios - Yes I am Nugget1510 someone already had Nugget. It is nice to have a fan.

Shirley - some new Dubs have dropped into the mix now primarily Cass who thinks that saying something emphatically is enough.

Aussie Oz - I hope this helps make people think about more closely about whether this religion is as benign as it appears.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit