"NEW" Disfellowshipping Stance?

by integ 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Anybody know how I can edit that first blank post?

Click the pencil icon in the top right corner next to the date of your post

In your case it is right next to: posted ~ 2 hours ago (6/18/2012)

Although the "~2 hours" will change depending on when you read this

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I think there was some fuss from Par 16,17 of this study article:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/226880/1/Blondies-Comments-You-Will-Not-Hear-at-the-06-10-2012-WT-Study-BETRAYAL

My Wife got a call from her mother who listen in. Mother said she felt one brother over stepped the societies word caus on one paragraph he commented how any who dont go to the hal have disassociated themselves and should be treated as a disfelloshipped person.

I d/l the PDF for her but I cant bring myself to read that drivel any more. I just scan Blondies review for her comments only!

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

The WTS is a perfect example of the blind leading the blind.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

This is predictable, circle the wagons, get more secretive, make statements that you are for satan or for God, and that every decision is black or white, eventually move up state and drink some kool-aid.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

In making their decision, they must not fail to consider how Jehovah feels about what they are doing. His purpose is to keep the organization clean and, if possible, to incite wrongdoers to come to their senses.

This is the bit that always gets me. How dare they assume that they'd know what God wants (assuming he, if he exists, even cares) and don't they realise how neurotically obsessed with cleanliness they are?

Baloney.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Ideally they would like to D/F any who associate with D/Fed ones but would probably lose too many members including Elders and MS's.

I know an Elder who quite openly associates with a couple of his relatives who are D/Fed but the congregation cannot afford to lose him so they turn a blind eye to it. I'm sure many on here know of similar cases.

George

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Nope no softening, and I don't see it happening anytime soon; they know associating with one's who have seen the real light would be devastating so they keep the pressure on by tightening the screws.

@ 00DAD there was a paragraph form last week’s study (on 06/10/12) that had a paragraph towards the end of the study on "avoiding" a disfellowshipped family member and the happifying results. I think it was the 4/15/12 mag second article; if you can find blondie's overview from last week you can read what it said, again it's towards the end of the article.

Hope this helps, DLL

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

As a cult, they have to create and maintaing a control mechanism where their followers do as they're told. Softening the df rule isn't going to happen because what if you could talk to your df son or mother anytime you wanted to, what if you could talk to your friend who was just df? Well, what's the big deal if you decide to do something that might get your df?

Simple, if df'ing is ineffective in controlling sheeple then more will do as they please and soon you'll have many walkng away from the cult without fear of losing friends and loved ones.

Another point is that df aren't on the same level as apostates. DF ones can be kicked down and pushed around by wts bullies knowing these people will try to come back and believe that df is for their own good. Apostates don't take this shit from them, and we are viewed not as df might be- even though some have been df, but rather apostates are viewed as ones to be feared of corrupting jws' faith - since their faith is based on load of shit and obviously can't stand to any questioning wts tries to keep jws from any and all communication with apostates.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If they keep doing this, they are likely to move some from the category of disfellowshipped to the category of apostates. Some got disfellowshipped, say for fornication, smoking, celebrating a holiday, "brazen conduct" (whatever that means), and so on. If they get treated like rubbish, some will start questioning the whole religion and move on to the "apostate" category.

Hopefully, that cuts way back on the number of people filling the seats at the Kingdumb Hell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit