Clutches Of Fear & Guilt?

by Guest 77 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

LadyLee, sometimes it's a matter of being ALL EARS.

Some years back it was suggested that I see a therapists. Upon visiting a therapists he had asked me three times why I'm visiting him. I explained the entire ordeal to him and then he told me that the answers will come to me, and he was correct. I shared this information with others and they wanted to report him for making such a remark. As you say, it depends on the therapists. Some have insights and others do not.

As to nine out of ten not completeing their therapy, it's in one of M.Scott Peck books, it may have been in, The Road less Traveled/The Road Less Traveled & Beyond. I read it back in July of 1998.

There are so many factors to consider with these types of problems that one answer is NOT a one size fits all situation. Trail and error works good. Being patient/forgiving with oneself has a lot to do with self healing. Of course prayer. Prayer because were feeding our subconscious minds with positive suggestions and requests. We have been trained that enough is not enough in the org. We can never seem to reach their unreachable goals.

One of the many intelligences we need to reach is our emotional intelligence. When children are deprived of love and understanding they become damage goods. Why even Jehovah needs to be loved. Is it not one of the commandments?

Guest 77

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

You are perfectly right - there is no ONE correct answer. Everyone is differnet and what works for you might not work for me or the next person. But by sharing all of our insights and learnings with each other we can gain insight into our own personal solutions. -

Information is power.

Over the years I collected a rather extensive library which I would allow people to borrow from. Some of the books that most helped me were not necessarily the books that most helped the next person. I always told people that whether the information came from me, a book, or somewhere else they should take what they needed and ignore the rest. And I always found that the information I needed was the next thing I needed. I just had to make sure to take advantage of it.

Rejoice in the healing and not in the pain.
    Rejoice in the challenge overcome and not in the past hurts.
    Rejoice in the present - full of love and joy.
    Rejoice in the future for it is filled with new horizons yet to be explored. - Lee Marsh 2002

• mouthy
    mouthy

When I was "ousted" I wanted to kill myself. I still thought it truth
    until I found people who loved me UNconditionally..Then when I found the relationship(not the religion)with Jesus...I thought of all those lovely people I had left behind in the Watchtower( I sound like Pauls words in Romans 10:1-10 sorry)I was asked to speak in a Church about "What can we say to the JW who knocks on our door" So I went & told them that which I wished some one would have told me....Well after the talk. They gave me a $30.00 check -I laugh now. But at the time I went home & cried, I thought --Yes didnt Judas get thirty!!!
    Not any more. I dont bad mouth JWS , I do point out the errors in the teaching- IF one believes the scriptures....I dint celebrate Christmas for 10 yrs after I left...still hung on to a bit of the MIND CONTROL- ( yes I do believe there is mind control)But now I dont feel guilty at all..I am so happy they kicked me out .I feel like sending a THANK YOU card to the elder that did it.
    You can here my story on http://www.jwinfoline.com/Page/audio.com
    I know I put this page up a lot- but there are so many testimonies to help those leaving & want to hear the other side of things.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Gosh Mouthy if you had tried to tell me what I know now I would have run for my life. I remember hearing about it when you left (cause you just know that people just could not wait to let me know and being afraid. Well this is one who is no longer afraid - especially of the truth. (((mouthy)))

Rejoice in the healing and not in the pain.
    Rejoice in the challenge overcome and not in the past hurts.
    Rejoice in the present - full of love and joy.
    Rejoice in the future for it is filled with new horizons yet to be explored. - Lee Marsh 2002

• mouthy
    mouthy

((((Lady Lee)))))Thanks

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

LadyLee, my grandmother a non-witness and non-Christian always told me to be respectful of others, always. As you said, when you point your fingers there are three pointing back at you.

I have followed that suggesting since childhood and it has paid off handsomely.

Guest 77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit