Why do only xian religions have soo many pedo problems ?

by mP 40 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• James Brown
    James Brown

Probably because America is a big country and everything is reported in the media.

America is predominantly Christian.

The cultures among the Budhist and Muslims dont report their dirty laundry to the world.

• mindseye
    mindseye

There's reports of pedophiles across cultures and religions. The big issue among certain Christian denominations is the structures that were put in place created a 'haven' for pedophiles and sexually dysfunctional individuals. The Catholic Church is a case in point, as they provided cover for pedophiles for decades. A similar situation seems to have developed in the Watchtower, a certain structure was set in place where pedophilia wasn't reported to the authorities. I think the fact that Christian religions are very 'organized' have something to do with it, and that many of them are large and bureaucratic. It creates a 'cover my ass' type of mentality. As far as individual cases, it definitely does occur across religions.

• mP
    mP

@mindseye

Perhaps your comment best addresses my question. Im not denying pedophiliahappens everywhere its more about how each culture or religion battles this evil that makes the difference. Xianity makes it worse by trying to hide the problem, which eventually becomes a shame when it becomes public because of their hypocracy.

• mP
    mP

Bubble

Mp, do yourself a favor, read Craig Winn's works on Islam, he is one of the best historians, not afraid of all the death threats he has received. Craig's work stand's on his use of the five most ancient sources of Islamic written tradition. Are you a former Muslim Mp, or do you live in a Islamic country? I have thought you might be living in this region, just from your silence on Islamic teachings, while firing off a Xians. "The Sword of the Prophet" from an atheist/former Muslim teacher's perspective might be your style?

What religious leader married a girl of six years old, had sex with her until she was 8 or 9 years old? Stories vary from 8 or 9 according to the most accuarte Hadiths, yet for arguments sake we can say she Aisha was 9 years old.

MP

I have never defended or said anything positive about Islam. The reason i have corrected xians about their use of the word or idea of being xian is simply because they are liars who plain and simply ignore the history of xianity for 2000 years. They pretend they have a legacy of good, kindness and morality when the truth is that is completely false. Ask any culture about what xianity means and they will tell you if they are still alive, they are mudering barstards.

I am well aware of Muslim history and its origins. I have rarely say such matters about Islam because nobody *here* pretends it is good or kind. We all know what is actually is. We all know from the beginning it was a religion that was about conquest and death. From the beginning Mohammad was a at war, killking and raping just like good Joshua. I too know that Mohammad was a pedo, in fact it is said most of its revelations from Gabriel about Allah occured after he spent a night with a Aisha who as everybody knows was very young. I am not interested in defending him, because we all know the simple fact is he was a pedophile, i dont particularly care that customs were different back then. If he was holy and talking too a real kind good God, he should have set the standard and done the right thing by Aisha instead of leaving a legacy of child rape that all those stupid muslims copied. Sure they would their culture allows this, but Mohammad mad e it that much easier by providing the example.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Where ever you find children, you will find pedophiles. Pedophiles seek out professions and activities that will put them close to children. So you will find pedophiles in the teaching professions, scout masters, counselors at churches, secular and church camps, pediatric hospitals, where ever you find children basically. Pedophiles don't skip over churches when they are looking for victims. Pedophiles are most successful when situated in positions of trust.

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

@Mp, thank you for your honesty on this issue, you admitt you don't have all the facts. It's hard to compare to different moral world views or frame works. The ability for victims to receive justice in this parts of the world, is not very common. How can we develop any point of referrence with religions and practioners who don't obey the commandments of their founders?

Thailand, how do we develop or put our morals into this Sex Tourist country? Missionaries have been trying to help the children, children whose parents who sold them to brothels! I can't even comprehend this kind of conduct, maybe because I don't live in the deep extreme poverty, or come from their culture? When the Xian missions try to help, failure happens too often. The money from the "Falangs" (Malay term for non-malay old man looking for sex) is to great at times to walk away. Thailand has many temples and the culture is more secular than traditional Buddism, I can't see the Buddha who fought against injustice, justifying the dead end life many of the sex workers live.

I asked one of my Iranian friends about the abuse of the Filipino and Chinese immigrants to Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, U.A.E., "it's a completly different view on sex and ownership of the human being" Not everyone is as open as this man, but he is a radical activist in his own way. He supports groups that try to abolish the Sex Trafficking Trade, he is a Muslim and a very progressive man. I enjoy his company and his liberal views on different subjects.

@Poopsie, you are so correct!

• mP
    mP

Bubble:

@Mp, thank you for your honesty on this issue, you admitt you don't have all the facts. It's hard to compare to different moral world views or frame works. The ability for victims to receive justice in this parts of the world, is not very common. How can we develop any point of referrence with religions and practioners who don't obey the commandments of their founders?

MP

Im sorry i didnt make it clear but my commentary about pedophilia news items was mostly meant to be limited to western countries and their respective media outlets. I wont comment on what goes on in other places, for the simple reason I know next to nothing how things really tick in places like Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the news presented in those countries. I was however interested and questioning why we never hear of Pedophile scandals in for example Buddhism in USA and yet we have all too many in xian churches. All churches in the USA follow the same law of the land, im not being naive but eventually victims will talk if they have been wronged by their respective clergies. Again I have yet to hear of a Buddist or Muslim case both here at home in Au and in America or Europe. I have seen many stories about muslim crimes but never pedophilia.

I wont comment or try and understand the corrupt regimes in the Middle East. Justice is never about justice, they are more interested in making a statement about power, which is why their systems seem so very wrong to us. We can see the same logic behind many stories in the BIble. Again the Bible is never about justice but more about communicating an idea that some people can do whatever they wish because they are special and lesser people just have to wear it. Just have a look at the OT, where we have countless examples, King David never gets touched but Uzziah dies for touching the ark to save it from falling onto the ground.

Bubble

I asked one of my Iranian friends about the abuse of the Filipino and Chinese immigrants to Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, U.A.E., "it's a completly different view on sex and ownership of the human being" Not everyone is as open as this man, but he is a radical activist in his own way. He supports groups that try to abolish the Sex Trafficking Trade, he is a Muslim and a very progressive man. I enjoy his company and his liberal views on different subjects.

MP

The simple answer is just like the jews, the Phillipinos and Chinese and non muslims are lesser people and thus not entitled to the same respect as other muslims. Then again this is entirely subjective as women even muslim women are treated like property or animals and not equals.

Bubbble

How can we develop any point of referrence with religions and practioners who don't obey the commandments of their founders?

MP

This statement is completely wrong. The laws in the Bible and Koran themselves are evil and injustice. The examples of major heroes in both is anything but god. Jesus was a racist and had a real attitude against women. Most of his conversations with women show total contempt and disrepect, with the sick Samaritan woman a perfect example. He initially didnt want anything of her simply because of her race and gender. Lets not forget that Jesus by his action and her statement equates the woman with dogs. Dogs in Muslim culture are considered very unclean animals. You rarely if ever see true muslims with dogs as pets. I live in a non muslim part of my city and I see dogs on many occassions, and theres dog mess here and htere.. Ive been thru the arab parts as i had friends nearby and i never saw any muslim with a dog and theres a lot less mess there.

• Sulla
    Sulla

OK, so it looks like we've moved from, "How come Christians are pedophiles?" to, "How come the US media don't seem to report pedophilia cases in mosques?"

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

mP:

What you are seeing is outspokenness in the western world that is exposing or speaking out against these things in religions (even if it is only the tip of the iceberg). So, you are mistaken to think it is a problem just confined to Christianity.

In other non-Christian religions in other countries the same things and other horrible things happen (as mentioned by some posters above). It is just that the CULTURAL climate in these countries does not allow them to speak up about such things. Some of these countries have histories of child brides and other abuses and these things are part of their culture (but it is not P.C. to talk about it).

But, do not think that silence means these things do not occur elsewhere because they certainly do.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Keep in mind that pedophile cover up is not unique to churches. Penn State: Sandusky, is one example of a cover up involving a univesity. Some high schools have protected coaches who go after players or cheerleaders and other students. Many pedophiles go to extraordinary lengths to cover up their embarrassing crimes, sometimes hiding or killing their victims. It can seem like there are a disproportionate amount of those crimes involving churches, when in realty, those are just the ones you may hear about in the news. Usually you aren't going to hear about Uncle Ed who has been touching all the girl cousins each year at the family reunion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit