ABC News Runs This Headline: "Calif Jury Awards $28M in Jehovah's Sex Abuse Case"

by TMS 17 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Child Molesters is one area they could easily cast them off and be heros for doing so.

So, I just don't get it.

Fornicators are thrown out right and left and the World could give a rats ass about the morality of it.

Actually, most people think it's nuts that it's done.

So, all their flap about keeping the congregation clean is crazy too.

To hide it looks like you condone it.

I just think they think the way they are doing things is working.

I read that the man who molested Candice is still part of a congregation.

I hope he is worth the millions it's costing the org to have kept him.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Very few people will get past the headlines of this, and even less will go deeper than reading the article.

For those close to witnesses, we need to get them to question the elders in their congregation just what

the policy is. Hopefully they will have as in-depth meetings with the congregations as they do on how to deal with the blood issue,

which is still very confusing to many witnesses.

I can tell from Twitter that comments about witnesses aren't just about how annoying they are to knock on your door on

Saturday mornings, or that they don't celebrate holidays or salute the flag.

This is scandalous for them. While their ways are quirky but mostly accepted,

worldy people have gotten to the place where they feel they need to protect children from religion.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

The Catholic Church has had media ass-ache for 20 years over child sexual abuse, not because priests molested altar boys, BUT BECAUSE THE CHURCH COVERED IT UP. THAT is what the WTS is facing. Same-o, same-o.

As the old saying goes - "It's not the crime, it's the cover-up."

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Rank and file? Ha! He was probaby on his way to becoming an elder. Wasn't he a MS? Maybe I'm wrong...

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

And I really don't think they give a shit about child abuse. At all. Not the GB, anyway.

• jam
    jam

I told my brother(Elder) A few years ago, be careful

in judicial committees when dealing with child molesters.

He told me, don,t worry about it, Jehovah takes care of

his people. I told him OK, but there will come A day when

the society will leave your ass hanging.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

By their fruits you will recognise them. An omnisicent God of unsurpassing power and love would never be behind a religious organisation that allowed evil and suffering to little children like we see so thoroughly documented in the JW religion. The paedophilia and blood transfusion policies of JW's PROVE beyond any doubt it is a false religion. (But aren't they all).

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I like that headline, if you read it literally it sounds as though Jehovah Himself is guilty, which, if you believe the Governing Body hype is spot on, they claim to be "Spirit directed" , so Big J must be responsible for their pathetically inept Protection Policy, and they quote Him as responsible for the 2 witness rule (Deauteronomy).

So indeed it is "Jehovah's sex abuse" !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit