pay or appeal, what will they do?

by pontoon 15 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Think About It
    Think About It

With their own in-house legal team, no doubt the WTS will file an appeal, or hope that the Judge himself thinks the award is too high and reduces it. I'm shocked that the WTS was stupid enough to let this go to trail. They are screwed, and will see the beginning of their demise. You don't just throw a warrior wizard into the trash bin without negative consequences. The curse of Sparlock is upon them.

Think About It

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Remember that the jury heard every word of evidence presented and they were apparently unanimously and adamantly OUTRAGED enough to award the highest possible punitive amount. No waffling whatsoever on that score. What is the basis of an appeal?

The money is a drop in the bucket to them. But the negative publicity hurts them internally and externally. What will make that go away the quickest? Pay and shut up. HOWEVER, they still have to deal with their policy of secrecy - what are they going to do about that? Change it and admit fallibility?

Glory jee to beezus! I'm glad I got to see this in my lifetime. And more to come..........

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought I heard the lawyer working for the bastard pigs was outside council. I seem to think he replaced an in-house councel?

And yes, 10% a year interest would be applied to the WTBTS. Richard Rawe asked that good question, I believe.

I expect them to take this all the way to the Supreme Court. They are going to fight tooth and nail to make themselves appear as if they still believe they did nothing wrong. They also will try to get a reduction on the awarded amount. Too, they are trying to hold back the floodgates of other victims that will no doubt be coming forth.

Candace's lawyer is very sharp (not all of them are you know) and it seems they thought the entire thing through before even starting the suit. They wanted to alleviate any means the WTBTS could use against them in hopes to get this thing thrown out out. If memory serves me correct, the plaintiffs team did not even bring up certain documents/policies that would have made the GB cringe. Candace's atty handled it very carefully, looking at every angle the sly bastards would try to pull on them. Very encouraging tele-conference tonight. I am hopeful for this case as well as the others that will soon follow...I am sure.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

The key thing will be-what IS the basis of the appeal? The fact is, anyone can appeal and it can be refused. The big money award was regarding the WT itself and "malice". I am curious as to how that will figure into all of this. It seems worse to me than a simple neglect or even a simple cover up- Malice could exist if there is deliberate blindness or reckless indifference to the consequences which is true in this policy. Malice accounts for larger monetary awards.

Personally, I hope the WT is screwed on this AND that they learn a lesson and change policy. Win-Win

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

They will appeal, and maybe even win. If they don’t, it will probably have consequences not only for them but for other religions as well.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Dont be surprised if they align themselves with other religous groups who have a vested interest in seeing this judgement gets overturned,trying to save their asses.

They have done it before ,havent they ? Hypocrites !

And of course their not above portraying the victim as the culprit

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit