Excellent news article re Candace Conti's abuse, not for the sensitive or tender-hearted

by yesidid 42 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• flipper
    flipper

I found it very telling that the WT attorney started getting more aggressive with his comments and started the big damage control to the National media the second day than he did in his initial comments to the S. F. Chronicle when this story first broke loose. His statements as Elderelite said are absolutely MORONIC ! " Jonathan Kendrick was NOT a leader or a pastor, he was JUST A RANK AND FILE MEMBER . " So in his and the WT society's opinion that lessens the importance or damage this man did by sexually abusing a child ?? A$$holes. Then the ultimate copout statement, " This is a tragic case where A MEMBER of a religious group has brought liability on the GROUP for actions HE ALONE may have taken . "

Incredible. This WT attorney is so mind controlled himself by the WT society that he doesn't recognize how BAD that statement looks to non mind controlled normal humans reading this article ! The statement totally sidesteps the revelation of the WT society's faulty child abuse policies and lays the blame on the child molester weakly attempting to absolve WT society leaders of any guilt . Jerks.

None of us should be surprised though , it's the same method and same way they write all of their WT articles they study on Sundays - blaming rank & file members for everything from hangnails to lack of faith and at the same time building the GB up and WT leaders up as God's spokesmen. It's insanity at it's worst. I hope this story keeps going viral and the WT society has to scurry around even more like the rats they are . Peace out, mr. Flipper

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

I think it's noteworthy that this is the first time I know of that a representative of the WTBS has used the term "Rank and File Member". I know it's used a lot in the discussion board, showing that there IS a hierarchy. But this is now a public admission from the WTBS of that hierarchy..

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

How dare this lawyer say that he doesn’t know of any other religion that was made liable for the r&f actions? They abhor child abuse but their policies allow for it, and for other abuses. Their main difference with other religions is that they have much more power over the private lives of the r&f, and take it upon themselves the keeping the congregation clean by disciplining sinners.

They have no problem humiliating a person from the platform for marrying a worldly person, or complaining about an injustice, rather than suffering in silence modestly with a submissive attitude to the ass****’s running the congregation, but at the same time they will go to great lengths to cover for each other’s miseries in order to keep their privileges, or as in this case to cover for a paedophile. They are vicariously liable for what this pervert did as they knew he was a paedophile, and they are responsible for other abuses as they have so much control over every aspect of the lives of active witnesses, including very private aspects. And they are very capable of dealing quite harshly with anyone that steps out of line in other issues in which they shouldn’t be sticking their noses into.

• Fernando
    Fernando

The lie comes home to roost:

GLTirebiter said: Besides, don't they say that all baptized publishers are "ordained ministers", and that they don't have any special "clergy class?"

• Sulla
    Sulla

This glosses over the point that written policies from WTBTS headquarters tell the BOE report to the lawyers at Bethel first, rather than to the legal authorities, and to do as little as possible to comply with the "mandatory reporting" laws (use a pay phone, don't give a name, etc.) rather than cooperating fully with the investigators. The direct consequence of that written policy was that Kendrick was able to continue his crimes, leading to further harm to plaintiff and other victims. That WTBS policy of negligence is what the case is about, and the jury agreed with the claim.

I think this is the key issue, GLTirebiter. You can't insist that the local BOE discuss the case with Bethel and also insist that the whole thing is confidential, spiritual guidance stuff. How can they hope to maintain any defense related to penitent-minister confidentiality when their policy is the opposite of confidentiality? Still, it's a California jury.
  • slimboyfat
  • wannabefree
    wannabefree
    this is the first time I know of that a representative of the WTBS has used the term "Rank and File Member"

Jack Barr uses the term on the recent DVD "Faith in Action" part 2

• wasblind
    wasblind

Yes GLtirebiter

The WTS considers all their baptised members as ordained

Chapter 8 : MINISTERS OF THE GOOD NEWS

" We have been taught Jehovah's ways, with his help we have been able to make our mind over, change our personality, and harmonized our daily conduct with Jehovah's righteous standards. Our heartfelt appreciation has moved us to dedicate ourselves to jehovah and to symbolize that by baptism in water. Baptism constitutes our ordination as ministers."_______Organized to do Jehovah's will book page 78

And as we know, all baptism must first be approved by the Elders under the guidance of the " Holy Spirit" directed organization

• corpusdei
  • AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

This has just appeared in my Google Alerts. It's an excellent write-up from The Star in Canada. Both the Candace Conti and Vicki Boer cases are discussed. Comments by Barbara Anderson and Jim Penton are included.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/1220527--landmark-u-s-verdict-against-jehovah-s-witnesses-may-prompt-canadian-sex-abuse-lawsuits

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit