Truth Be Told documentary is finished!!! Just in time to ride the wave of publicity from the verdict.

by discreetslave 30 Replies latest jw friends

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

The documentary is finished. The private screening to be held in July.
    The film has been submitted to 30 film festivals in te US and abroad. He is taking requests for any other film festivals or venues.
    http://www.hereliesthetruth.com/

Here is a trailer for any who haven't seen this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1lk60is5z8

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

Can't wait!

• discreetslave
  • turtleturtle
    turtleturtle

I just watched the trailer for the first time. Eh, a lot of testimonials and emotions. I wonder if the film will focus on facts rather than hersay.

• exjehovah
    exjehovah

I support this movie. People need to tell their story without fair of judgement. There are too many of us that have suffered in silence.

I have said it time and time again, the JW "religion" breaks up families.

As for someone who is questioning facts and not hearsay. Every person that gives you the FACTS of their own experience needs to be validated, to even question that makes me extremely sad to read. Whose "truth" should you believe? The one that people have experienced in the thousands, maybe millions or this very controlled organization? Something to consider.

• turtleturtle
    turtleturtle

@exjehovah:

What I am getting at is that the documentary is not going to make any impact, precisely because it looks like it contains a lot of testimonials, instead of hard/cold documentation/facts.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Not everything has to have an agenda to spread WT hypocrisy and lies.

Well done for giving a silent few a voice. It's not just about smashing down the society, it's about building up those smashed down by the society also.

There is life after the Watchtower ;) xxx

Cant wait for this documentary to be seen by 'the world'.

P.s. anyone that thinks this documentary didn't fulfill some kind of antiJW agenda...ask yourself .... What have you contributed to that end? Make your own documentary!

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

How is a persons experience as a JW not going to make an impact?
    People tell their stories all the time, why is it when an ex JW does no one takes it seriously?

With the verdict some may become curious about JW's and with this documentary people can learn that one doesn't have to be molested for the religion to affect them. Just being a JW exposes people to all kinds of issues.

• losthobbit
    losthobbit

Good stuff! Do you think the complete movie is going to be streamed online?

Also, I see you accept donations on your site. Since the film is complete, perhaps you could give copies to those who donate... just a suggestion. I guess people might be more willing to donate and share once they've seen the full documentary.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

I didn't make the movie. I'm just showing word of mouth support since my funds were limited to help with the project.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit