BBC News Program Not Broadcast Since 1995

by jamiebowers 11 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhSnD5heI3s&feature=share

I'm wondering if any of UK JWN members know any of these people or could pssibly look them up to see how they're doing today.

• Poztate
    Poztate

Thanks for posting this. It shows nothing has really changed in the WT world

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I can see why the window cleaner disobeyed the elders and married the girl he met on the doors - beautiful. Good for them they are both out now.

In general very good. But one former Witness on it claims JWs are not allowed to read anything not published by the Watchtower Society, which is complete nonsense. Unfortunately it's the kind of inaccuracy that JWs use to dismiss the whole thing.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    But one former Witness on it claims JWs are not allowed to read anything not published by the Watchtower Society, which is complete nonsense. Unfortunately it's the kind of inaccuracy that JWs use to dismiss the whole thing.

I noticed that too but took it to mean religious materials. Too bad he didn't better explain.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I thought it was a balanced well produced and well researched piece. I wonder, in the light of the recent huge settlements in the US for victims, if the BBC would consider doing an updated prog, showing clips from this and how nothing changed ?

Nothing canged until now that is, hit the WT in the wallet and they suddenly begin to act.

• nugget
    nugget

I thought it was a very balanced programme. I could empathise with what was being said. The assembly sequences were very disturbing what a shame they didn't catch anyone sleeping.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    In general very good. But one former Witness on it claims JWs are not allowed to read anything not published by the Watchtower Society, which is complete nonsense. Unfortunately it's the kind of inaccuracy that JWs use to dismiss the whole thing.

I do know JW's who'd go along with that.

• Listener
    Listener

It was interesting how the presenter viewed the way they deal with molesters. He states that they are a law unto themselves, where they deal with molesters themselves rather than taking the matter to the police. A law unto themselves....a very dangerous cult indeed.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Odd, if you click on the "Watch on Youtube" button on the video it brings up a different version than the embedded one. It looks like just the beginning is different although I didn't watch both completely.

Best comment on the video

The "society". How creepy that sounds to me? now.

Even more odd I just went and checked again and now they are both the same video.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

thanks for bringing this to our attention. I don't recognise anyone on the programme but it is well made albeit a little old fashioned now. Nothing has really changed except at the time i'd have been somewhat embarrassed by it whereas now I see what a glaring cult it is.

mmxiv

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit