Jane Doe, you have our support... (Jane Doe vs WTB&TS)

by SweetBabyCheezits 11 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Many moons ago, I questioned the legitimacy of the Steven Unthank case and/or his manner of relating the news on his website. Official court documents were difficult to locate (at least for some of us, and after a certain date) and my only direct source for information was Unthank's own website, though later I heard from a poster who attended one of the hearings. I had my hopes up for a major case against the WT, but the little info I could verify left me confused.

In the case of Jane Doe vs The Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of New York (Superior Court of CA, County of Alameda, case HG11558324), we have court documents that are immediately accessible on the Alameda Courts government website, spanning more than a year, of a young woman who has been determined to see this case through to a jury verdict. For that, I'd like to offer my words of support and dedicate this thread to her:

Jane/Candace, you're an inspiration to anyone who has felt powerless and valueless at the hands of a mega-corporation... one that's more concerned about maintaining it's shiny, polished, Cleaver-family image than caring for its people - specifically, those who need protection the most. Sounds like a cliche, but I sincerely wish I had your courage, strength, and determination. You stepped up and volunteered to re-live the emotional torment when I'm sure it would've been far easier to stay quiet and do nothing.

Regardless of what happens from here out, you've made a lot of underdogs sit up and take notice and I suspect your actions played a large role in the Watchtower Society's recent letter to all elders on Confidentiality. They realize they're in trouble for their neglect. Think about that - you've got a mega-corporation running scared. And hopefully your example will encourage other victims to speak up, too.

So, thank you, Jane Doe/Candace, for your incredible example and actions that will surely help protect future generations of children.

I wish you the peace, happiness, and success that you deserve.

-SBC

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Oh yeah... and fuck you, Watchtower.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Thank you Candace!!

I walked into my now 15 year old daughters room and told her what you accomplished today and she was soo happy for you.

She also was a victim at the young age of 9 and received her victory by helping in sending her molester (ex elder) to prison.

My favorite quote of all...

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

You did something!!!

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

I am so thrilled with this victory Jane Doe/Candace. Your case highlights the WTS' malicious recklessness but as a small child you had to live through its cruelty first. And even after that you tried for years to get them to practice justice for vulnerable ones, those who have no helper, they did not listen and now you have brought justice to them.

I'm afraid hurbis is written in their hearts (WTS leaders that is) and the only way it will end is through consuming them.

Imo you won for alll of us and I am going out to celebrate this evening.

• smiddy
    smiddy

SBC

This is a great victory for abuse victims,I hope more target the WTB&TS over their flawed directives to the BOE over child abuse

smiddy

• Fernando
    Fernando

Oh if only I could be a fly on the wall at HQ with the Sanhedrin Pharisees and their minions scurrying about in utter confusion...

Priceless I'm sure...

Just maybe there is another high level defector or two in the making...

Please let it be so...

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Well said, SBCheezits, on all counts.

Thanks for drawing this to our attention.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Thank you, Chariklo, but credit belongs to yourmomma for bringing the news to JWN and I suspect Bill Bowen/Silent Lambs for breaking the news on his site.

The real dish is over on that thread. I really just intended this one as a thank you to Jane Doe if by some crazy chance she or someone she knows might lurk around here.

But, yeah, I think this is the most exciting news I've heard on JWN.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I luv me some sweets, your the best

• unshackled
    unshackled
    So, thank you, Jane Doe/Candace, for your incredible example and actions that will surely help protect future generations of children. - SBC

Hear, hear!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit