Letter I am writing to local Newspaper......

by tresdecu 33 Replies latest jw friends

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Another email from the writer (of the religion section) (at bottom) and my response (directly below):

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello

As I mentioned, I am still seen as an 'active' witness and have no connection to any group of former members or opposers...therefore I have no idea. I don't know if you are aware of a huge lawsuit that the WT Society just lost...It set a huge precident, and hopefully many more victims will come forward. Here is one link from msnbc:

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/15/12225753-jehovahs-witnesses-ordered-to-pay-more-than-20-million-to-woman-who-said-she-was-sexually-abused?lite

I would imagine that there might be some protesters there bringing attention to this news, as I'm sure many JWs are unaware of the verdict.

Thanks again for your time!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent using Hushmail

On Friday, July 06, 2012 at 10:01 AM, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Are there any groups protesting the Jehovah's Witnesses outside the
    conventions this year at the xxxxxxxxxxxxx? There haven't been for the
    past several years as far as I'm aware.
    Thank you.
  • Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I admire your effort. When I read my local paper, I often want to explode. I now believe they write such fluff pieces, straight out of press releases, b/c they are too lazy and unwilling to spend resources on reporting. Anyone can post newsrealeases. It requires no editorical control. They generate no additional content but have the gall to charge money for their pathetic product.

• Diest
    Diest

bump

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Well done. Let us know how it goes.

TD you have a PM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit