Young and angry

by d 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• d
    d

Since I left the Jw's in 2008. I have since struggled with feelings of anger at people in power and religous leaders.I feel that in this world you just can not trust anybody.I have given up trying to see the good in people and I just feel deattached from people.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

It's a normal part of leaving the Borg and sorting out where you fit in the world, including how you relate to authority figures.

• d
    d

I just feel hard to see how people in power have our best interests.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

A little cynicism about leaders is be a good thing, because people can be very self-centered to very caring about others. As you meet more non-JWs you will develop your ability to detect whether a person is self-centered and narcistic verses caring about other people.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Anger and Trust issues are a "normal" part of waking up to the TTATT. (The Truth About The Truth).

It takes a lot of time and patience with yourself to work through it. God knows it's a work-in-progress for me.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I think the world of gray areas is scary to a person accustomed to a black and white world. in the world of a 'dub, everything is catagorized. And if it doesn't fit somewhere, we "leave it to Jehovah".

• d
    d

I recently come to see that the world has no moral absolutes and that is considered bad is up for the own person's interpretation.

• sseveninches
    sseveninches

I've learned that you really have to sift through a lot of people until you find someone that's trustworthy, whether it's a friend, or a potential boyfriend/girlfriend. I've also learned that you can't trust governments, businesses, or other entities until they prove themselves worthy of your trust. Using these two ideas alone have helped me a bunch.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Unfortunately this is normal, the cult has worked hard to callous over your fellow feeling, trust in mankind and human concern.

It may take sometime but eventually that callus will soften and then vanish.

In or out your faith in man will become normal if you don't give up and continue resisting the wash-towel programming.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

It is difficult to understand the world when you are young, because you are a new creation; but the world is very old, and some feuds between nations have been going for decades, some corrupt religions have been exploiting people for thousands of years- the origins of these things are almost lost in the mists of time- this is the world you inherit. It may seem unfair, corrupt, and amoral; but this world is all there is. It’s more useful to concentrate on what the world is, rather than what it is not, i.e. it is not perfect; and work with what you have got.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit