How would you like it if Jehovah took a vacation from you?

by irondork 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• irondork
    irondork

From the Platform: When encouraging school-age children to use their summer, and adults to use their secular vacations for pioneering, we were asked, “How would you like it if Jehovah took a vacation from you?”

w/82 5/15 Zealous Parents Produce Missionaries p.11

“We were brought up in a happy theocratic home where our parents helped us to love and live the truth. They set the example. At different times, as circumstances permitted, they engaged in auxiliary pioneer service (60 hours a month of Christian ministry) along with us, especially at vacation time,” explained Brenda.

w/82 1/1 Now Is the Time to Preach the Word p.24 par.7

“Especially during vacation time I spend as much time as possible in door-to-door work, return visits and Bible study work. All this activity makes me feel very happy and greatly privileged…

w/07 1/1 Right Choices Led to Lifelong Blessings p.13

There comes a time when a young person has to make choices that will affect his future… “When I was 12 years old, they invited me to accompany them in field service during my school vacation. That afforded me an opportunity to get a taste of pioneer life.”

So remember class, that although we occasionally need a vacation from secular pursuits, we do not want to take time off from serving Jehovah.”( km 5/94)

Dismissed!

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Umm... one could argue that the great Jeehoover has been taking a vacation for the last several thousand years or so? He hasn't been heard from nor has he left a forwarding address.

• Fernando
    Fernando

How sad that these "publishers of the good news" spend around a billion hours a year publishing anything but the "good news" which they are one and all ignorant of.

I wish householders would ask them to explain the "good news" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah or Psalms from the heart...

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

they are pushing "theocratic vacations", and make it seem as though its totally unacceptable to take any other type of vacation. they actually consider it a vacation to go to a convention, LOL. and a great example of how screwed up their thinking is was the watchtower a couple years ago with the article about recreation, and their picture of recreation had a girl eating an apple while cleaning the kingdom hall. LOL, clean the kingdom hall is considered recreation, that is insane. in addition on the crack down of recreation the last couple assemblies at talks about fleeing from babylon the great. now, when i was a JW fleeing from babylon the great was fleeing from false relgion, false idols, etc. but now its if a person engages in what they consider too much recreation or relaxing. LMAO

they are getting more extreme by the week.

• j dubb
    j dubb

why, the district convention is three days of Spiritual Refreshment ™!

It is its own mini-vacation! And dont forget to wear your meeting clothes when traveling the day before and on the way back!!

• Lore
    Lore

And if he took a vacation, would you be able to notice the difference?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It would be nice if Jehovah AND his filthy angels were to take a permanent vacation from me. Maybe then I could connect properly with Satan and His Demons, communicate with them, develop my own soul, and benefit greatly from it. As is, I have those fxxxing angels blocking all communication and ruining all incoming and outgoing spiritual energy going to or from me to or from the Universe. And they are no good.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

This is typical wash-towel bullshit; they want us to give every waking minute to them but fail to acknowledge that go has been MIA for centuries.

If jaybooger does exist then he's been "on his day of rest" for, according to witlesses, about six or seven thousand years!

So who's stealing time?

Not me with my three-day vacay that's for damn sure.

If Jaybooger gave a damn than maybe it's time he got his ass back to work!

• Diest
    Diest

It would make me sad!!

• irondork
    irondork

LOL @ Diest!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit